Hershey Photos ?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Hugo Karasawa
356 Fan

Hershey Photos ?

#1 Post by Hugo Karasawa »

Please post some photos of the Hershey swap meet.
Show us what we missed, this year I was not able to attend.
Thanks

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

Re: Hershey Photos ?

#2 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Hugo,

I was there in my '65 C coupe. I drove up Friday taking only back roads from Richmond. The drive was spectacular and my favorite part of the trip. Took twice as long but was a blast.

We had a total of 8 cars parked at the People's Choice Concours. There were a handful of other 356s milling about though! We had a red Speedster, a red Roadster, a carrera panamericana tribute A coupe, my car, an ivory Speedster, a yellow beehive Speedster outlaw, an ivory over red SC Cab, and a black SC coupe.

The yellow Speedster was the overall class winner and was VERY sharp. We had a beautiful day for the swap.

Full gallery below:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ny0yRSCW0OYobwG53

Let me know if you have any trouble viewing the gallery. Here are the 356s:

Ignore the painters tape on the passenger side. I used it to protect the paint from the bra clips.

Hugo Karasawa
356 Fan

#3 Post by Hugo Karasawa »

Sean,
Thanks for sharing your photos. I could see the ones on Google.
There seems to be a problem with the Registry's forum, some pictures we can not see.
Weather was great, I wish I could have attended. Last time I was there the weather was great also, no rain, no wind, sunny. I Landed in Washington DC and drove to Harrisburg.

Mervyn Hyde
356 Fan

#4 Post by Mervyn Hyde »

No images here Sean.
Merv
TYP356
1963 356B T6
1968 911 SWB

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan

#5 Post by Sean M Rooks »

That's weird that the photos won't load - they actually are linked out to Google versus uploaded through the site and work fine for me when I load the page. Strange. Perhaps linked to the issue with viewing images on the forum. :( Hopefully you can access the gallery on Google using the link.

John Weyand
356 Fan

#6 Post by John Weyand »

The link works fine. Fun photos.
Thanks
John W
'64 "C" coupe

John Monarek
356 Fan

#7 Post by John Monarek »

The La Carrera Panamericana is not a tribute car, is a 3 time veteran of the race 2001,2005 and 2007. It was built by Ray Stephens for the Tangerine Scream Machine Porsche Team. Some of the livery on the car has been changed (sponsor decals), but it’s still the robust rally car with a freshly rebuilt hot 912 engine.

Oh I know all this because it’s my little bundle of joy!

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan

#8 Post by Sean M Rooks »

John Monarek wrote:The La Carrera Panamericana is not a tribute car, is a 3 time veteran of the race 2001,2005 and 2007. It was built by Ray Stephens for the Tangerine Scream Machine Porsche Team. Some of the livery on the car has been changed (sponsor decals), but it’s still the robust rally car with a freshly rebuilt hot 912 engine.

Oh I know all this because it’s my little bundle of joy!
John I'm sorry I misidentified your car! I didn't have a chance to meet you and find out more, unfortunately as I was also there to shop the swap and left my car for much of the show. It's definitely a real-deal race car based on what I saw. Definitely a very cool car and thanks for bringing it to Hershey for us all to see.

John Monarek
356 Fan

#9 Post by John Monarek »

Not a problem, many there thought it was a tribute car, next year I will bring the race book with all the details to display. I loved your car by the way, well done.