Two piece overrider bar and support tube nuts

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Scott West
356 Fan

Two piece overrider bar and support tube nuts

#1 Post by Scott West »

Looking for the two piece nuts for euro spec 1959 A bumpers or overriders. I've read an old post by Albert Tiedemann back in 2008 who was claiming to be able to supply. Can anyone help. Thanks

Chuck House
Registry Hall of Fame

Re: Two piece overrider bar and support tube nuts

#2 Post by Chuck House »

Terry at International Mercantile sells some that are close to the originals.

https://im356-911.com/collections/faste ... 56a-4-bm16

Also, I'm a little confused about "euro spec" and overrider bars. European cars usually did not have these. They were standard for US delivery cars post early '56.

Why is this in "off topic"? Seems on topic to me.
Chuck House
Southern California

Scott West
356 Fan

#3 Post by Scott West »

Hi Chuck. In regard to the euro spec bumpers. This car is an Australian Hamilton's delivered RHD1959 cab that has the U.S overrider tubes. I referred to as euro spec. Maybe incorrectly. But Aussie's speak differently down here. But still trying to source these special nuts. I'll try mercantile. Sorry was my first ever post and thought it was not a current topic so opted for off topic. Thanks for your response

Chuck House
Registry Hall of Fame

#4 Post by Chuck House »

Hi Scott,

International Merchantile should have them at the link above. I was just curious about the description of the bumpers - no problem. Off topic is for posts that are not 356 related, hence my comment. Again, it's no problem. Good luck with your car and welcome to the forum! It's great to have another Aussie post.
Chuck House
Southern California