Engine rebuild by Lee Cole.

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Anthony Lembi
356 Fan

Engine rebuild by Lee Cole.

#1 Post by Anthony Lembi »

Hello,
I just removed my engine from my 60 T5B super to replace the clutch. It is original to the car and I thought it had either 78 or 178 thousand miles on it not knowing it’s history. Once out I Found, “Custom made by Lee Cole” scratched into the back of the shroud. Maybe the car has 178k and had a rebuild by Lee. He is taking credit for doing something. It was running nice. The car spent a lot of it’s life in Riverside or San Bernardino, California. Anyone heard of Lee Cole.
0AB7E3E8-2B7F-4084-B505-5887DC41166F.jpeg

Albert Tiedemann
356 Fan

Re: Engine rebuild by Lee Cole.

#2 Post by Albert Tiedemann »

Many Golf courses have signature holes having bearing on some interesting feature/landmark like the 16th at Augusta where they hold the Masters each year. Perhaps this photo is a "signature" location of this mechanic's work brought about by his interesting treatment of the fuel line repair with hose and clamps at hand as well as its location.

Time would be spent more wisely by not looking for this guy as he is likely a repeat offender.
Albert Tiedemann, C356C
"The Hermit"

Anthony Lembi
356 Fan

#3 Post by Anthony Lembi »

Maybe it was the metallic lime green paint, or the chromed oil filler and air filter canisters. It was signed where it could not be seen.

Greg Haskin
356 Fan
Tag: gh356

#4 Post by Greg Haskin »

My French is poor, but thinking Le Ecole means "the school"... Maybe this was a lesson of some sort?