Weber 40 question

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
DonCichocki
356 Fan

Re: Weber 40 question

#16 Post by DonCichocki »

Kerem,
No modifications to the head sealing area. I do see a slight indentation from the narrower cylinders, maybe .002"-.003" deep. These heads have over 30,000 miles with the 1720 cylinders so I don't think they will generate cracks.
Solex manifolds are sometimes available through the classifieds or possibly e-bay. The adapter plates are available from some Weber vendors, you'll have to do a search.
You could always place a "parts wanted" ad in the 356 classifieds.

Kerem Ustunkaya
356 Fan

Re: Weber 40 question

#17 Post by Kerem Ustunkaya »

DonCichocki wrote:Kerem,
No modifications to the head sealing area. I do see a slight indentation from the narrower cylinders, maybe .002"-.003" deep. These heads have over 30,000 miles with the 1720 cylinders so I don't think they will generate cracks.
Solex manifolds are sometimes available through the classifieds or possibly e-bay. The adapter plates are available from some Weber vendors, you'll have to do a search.
You could always place a "parts wanted" ad in the 356 classifieds.
Don,
Thank you very much.
Most probably, those quality Shasta kit engineered not to harm the cylinder head where as some other aftermarket 86mm kits known to cause this problem.
I have already seen some Solex manifolds on ebay however it is important that their carburetor side shouldn’t be enlarged for 44s to serve better for the 40s. It is good that at least they are somehow available. I will try to convince my friend to purchase a proper manifold and an adapter.
Kerem Ustunkaya