Turn signal switch issue... 356 b t6

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Lars Hvidsteen
356 Fan

Turn signal switch issue... 356 b t6

#1 Post by Lars Hvidsteen »

Last night just before bedtime , my son said , dad there is light in the garage... ?? I had my first trip after winter storage, so perhaps I have forgotten the light on in the garage, no because I had not used the light on the car:

I went out to check and saw that the car had the High (blue) beam on , and the arm had a hard time shutting it down. It had switch on automaticly without me touching it.. seem like the returnspring or tab is week.

the turn signal on/of works fine and the spring return quick

I spayed with some contact cleaner and went to bed.

This morning i checked again and the High beam is constant ON and I can not shut it off?? had to pull the battery.

what to do next, take the steering wheel off and try to clean the return spring/contact for the high beam?

thanks

Lars
Porsche 356 B T6 1962/7 Slategrey/Coralred
Porsche 911 1966 Bahamayellow/Black pipita

Geoff Fleming
356 Fan

Re: Turn signal switch issue... 356 b t6

#2 Post by Geoff Fleming »

Lars,
Instead of disconnecting the battery, simply remove the fuses that control the lights, ( 9 & 10 for low beams, 11 & 12 for high). Does the arm feel loose, or any different than it originally felt? It will require some investigation.

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#3 Post by Greg Bryan »

Lars - that is a strange one! The high beam indicator picks up its signal from fuse 12 (or 11 in some cases) so I'm having a hard time picturing how it is being lit. Check at fuse #12 (or whichever fuse the small blue/white wire is attached to) to see if you have voltage. Was your battery almost dead? Maybe enough voltage and current to light the indicator light but not the high beams .....
If your turn signal stalk feels floppy in the front/back direction, sounds like the 'dog bone' has become dislodged and maybe is making contact in the switch - that's my wild a#% guess.
Greg Bryan

Lars Hvidsteen
356 Fan

#4 Post by Lars Hvidsteen »

the current issue is now that my long beem flasher only works when the parking light is on - 1 step out (no blue instrument long beam light), when the driving/low beam is on 2 step out, the flasher dont work

when all lights are off , the flasher dont work either, but the blue instrument long beam light turn on when i use the flasher

what to do?

rg.Lars
Porsche 356 B T6 1962/7 Slategrey/Coralred
Porsche 911 1966 Bahamayellow/Black pipita

Geoff Fleming
356 Fan

#5 Post by Geoff Fleming »

Carefully re-examine all wiring. Seems like something(s) are amiss. Flasher should operate even with the headlights off, blue light should illuminate only when the high beam headlights are chosen. It does seem to indicate a fault in the wiring locations.