Looking for info on my '64 Euro SC Coupe

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Mark Spiegel
356 Fan

Looking for info on my '64 Euro SC Coupe

#1 Post by Mark Spiegel »

I'm interested in finding the ownership history on my '64 Euro SC sunroof coupe.

It was originally delivered to Karmann in the Fulda-Lennerz region of Germany. I'm pretty sure it was driven for a while in Europe as it has the holes right above the rear bumper for the long rectangular license plate (now capped with little reflectors).

I'm pretty sure it spent time in California, for part of it's life, as I dug a receipt from a flower shop in CA out of glove compartment.

The COA tells me it came with the following options... Fiamm Roadmaster horns, chrome horn ring, interior/exterior thermometer, power sunroof, lowered seats, 2 seatbelts, red floormats, Blaupunkt Koln radio, lockable antenna, chrome wheels, hub caps with crests, mouse grey corduroy inserts. If memory serves correctly, I think that's it.

This car is Ruby Red with a black interior that now has an interesting plad fabric for the inserts instead of the original corduroy. The nose of the car is wrinkled up from an accident but it didn't get into the hood. The engine has a spun rod bearing.

Any info on the history of this car would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Spiegel

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

Re: Looking for info on my '64 Euro SC Coupe

#2 Post by Edwin Ek »

The California DMV has a form to search its database. It is called INF-70, and the fee is very low. You have to give a reason for the request. I have used the line that I have information that would be of interest to a previous owner.

I don't think the reason is scrutinized at all, so no worries there.