Floor Boards

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
John Clarke
356 Fan

Floor Boards

#1 Post by John Clarke »

Hi all
When installing the missing Clutch pedal stop bracket recently ( RHD 61 T5B Coupe) I noticed 2 things 1/ How ratty the carpets were that cover the Floor or Toe Boards. They were folded and creased where they had slipped down the boards and 2/ The boards themselves were loose. How are these Boards located.? and are these carpet sections available separately or only as a complete set? Our carpet was attached with heavy duty double sided tape! Is this correct?
Any help gratefully accepted. sorry for so many questions.
Cheers Jay.

Tom Tate
356 Fan
Tag: Boston MA

Re: Floor Boards

#2 Post by Tom Tate »

The wooden floor boards on A,B,&C cars were only covered with the rubber mat. The boards themselves were held in place with a single bolt and a spring clip on each board. The bolt on the drivers side was also the gas pedal stop, the passenger side just a 10mm atf bolt with a fender washer holding it down. The spring clips were on the top center of each board. You'll see a metal tap that comes up thru the slot cut into the board. KTF

John Clarke
356 Fan

#3 Post by John Clarke »

Thanks Tom , I will look for those clips
Cheers Jay

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#4 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Here is a link about those clips. Personally I find them to be a PITA and have not used them on any of the 4 356s I have owned since 1980. They are in a box somewhere in the garage. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39245&hilit=toe+board On your side of the pond Mike has them: https://prs356.co.uk/porsche-parts/hard ... ard-spring
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.