media blasting

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

Re: media blasting

#16 Post by Jim Liberty »

If you can find a dry ice stripping Co. use them. Jim.
Jim Liberty

james boyter
356 Fan

Re: media blasting

#17 Post by james boyter »

Thanks for the input. I had contacted the fellow in Wauchula. After a lengthly discussion my understanding was his process would not remove undercoating, fiberglass, bondo and some paints. He would do additional prep which I think was scraping undercoating and whatever off the car, at an hourly fee. I saw some of the results of his work and the process was impressive. I was reluctant to proceed as have been in florida for 20ish years I've learned (the hard way) paying someone for hourly work without over sight is the start of a problem. The other solution was to scrape the car clean myself then do it. When I talked to him at that time I was interested in doing the coupe I'm presently working on. What stop me from continuing was he said he used his forklift to move the car, running the forks thru the window openings and lifting the car. I'm sure its strong enough to move it that way but... What I've ended up doing on the coupe is clean as I go, scraping off undercoating is good therapy. But I dream of a clean car to work on. What a luxury not to clean, clean and clean. I'll check out the dipper guy again for the roadster. Thanks for all the suggestions. Jim