how could one butcher this valuable t-5 cab

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Kevin Wills
356 Fan

Re: how could one butcher this valuable t-5 cab

#46 Post by Kevin Wills »

Adam Wright wrote:
Kevin Wills wrote:If he is happy going down the road, and another 356 is parked while the owner is worrying about how that bungy on the rear seat isn't original, who wins? My car won't ever be perfect, but the driver don't care. As they used to say "chrome don't get you home", and neither do perfect gaps and date matched wheels. How about we stop giving people shit for imperfect cars and give them a nod for enjoying the same cars we do?
I once had a guy at a show poo-poo the flat floors in my car. He said something to the effect that he couldn't live with those. I countered that I can't see the underside of my car, when I'm driving!
Can't see the flat floors in the pic, but that guy in the rear view mirror looks likes he is having a good time. Point taken!

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#47 Post by Ron LaDow »

Kevin Wills wrote:[...]How about we stop giving people shit for imperfect cars and give them a nod for enjoying the same cars we do?
Kevin, I really don't have a problem with those who want a 100 point car; my desires are irrelevant to them and their's to me. And if a car is presented BY THE OWNER (or seller) as being 'that', and isn't 'that', why, have at it! I certainly have.
Remember that fraud C Cab with the flat dashboard and the wiring running through the fan housing presented as a 'factory special' some years back? That con-man deserved all the nastiness heaped upon him. But it had perfect gaps, you'll have noticed.
My issue here is (pace Emil) a shop operator, being asked to do work on a car, grabbing a camera and posting pictures of a customer's car on a public site, bad-mouthing the work done on that car (by another shop) and, by inference, belittling the intelligence of that (prospective) customer in having the work done!
I deal with customers on a pretty much daily basis; I think pointing out that customer A is an idiot on a public forum ('See what this fool did?!') is certainly bad business. But more importantly, it is REALLY bad manners.
George, you did it, you got it, I hope you like it.
And, no, I do not expect George to buy any stuff from Pre Mat. Sorry, I'm willing to stand on principle on some issues and suffer the consequences...
Dave, I stand by my comments.
(needed editing)
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

#48 Post by Thomas Sottile »

Well said Ron.