A tale of two Kings

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Roger Shapiro
356 Fan
Tag: Still searching for the Holy Grill

A tale of two Kings

#1 Post by Roger Shapiro »

Just finished reading the latest issue of the Registry magazine. Gordon King’s story of finally getting religion with his beautiful Bali Blue SC is important. Yes, really understanding and appreciating these cars is an acquired taste. I’m so glad that he has joined the few who acknowledge the fact that the 356 are to be cherished and revered. I’ve always believed that the 356 was the greatest Grand Touring machine around. Two people, and their luggage - many miles, many smiles.

Which brings to mind the second King, namely King Clemons, wife Carol, and trusted companion. King, like the late Mike Robbins, who keenly understood that the true value of the 356 was in its ability to cover vast amounts of Highway with style and grace. He got the religion early on.
King Clemons is a member of the Rocky Mountain X Generation. Along with Heidi and Franny, myself, Phil Carney, we either have left the Rocky Mountain 356 or as it were in my case, thrown out.

Hey King, the million mile mark is just around the corner. How about a ride to Santa Fe? How about a whole new club, open to enthusiasts, real enthusiasts?
Roger Shapiro

C J Murray
356 Fan

Re: A tale of two Kings

#2 Post by C J Murray »

Thrown out? Send them a telegram with Groucho's famous response..."PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER"
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion