What Zenith Air Cleaners for a ‘65 C?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Wil Mittelbach
356 Fan

Re: What Zenith Air Cleaners for a ‘65 C?

#16 Post by Wil Mittelbach »

David Jones wrote:I know of at least one 65C that has no connection to the Zenith air cleaners but does have a draught tube that goes from the oil filler reservoir down through the sheet metal that the dipstick passes through and out to atmosphere that way. As far as I and the owner know the car is very original.
The preceding photo of my`65C's breather hose routing is original and Concours correct. However, aside from Concours participation with originality correctness, I otherwise temporally re-route a non-original breather hose replacement overboard (per accompanying photo) to avoid carb/cyl ingestion of crankcase gases.
Attachments
Bteather Hose Routings.JPG
Last edited by Wil Mittelbach on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#17 Post by Ron LaDow »

Wil,
I want to thank you for maintaining the originality of you car and noting when you have made changes from that. Brett Johnson did an article on "Your Dog Has Flees" regarding mods which were claimed to be factory changes.
You are a corrective of that.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

#18 Post by David Jones »

I am building two "C" engines at this time and have two different dipstick sheet metal surrounds. As mentioned before one has facility for another tube and it is unlike the early A/B surround in that it has a separate hole. I shall use it with the non vented valve covers on the one engine.
Attachments
IMG_3076.jpg
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715