EASTCOAST RESTORATION

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
dennis kazmerowski
356 Fan

EASTCOAST RESTORATION

#1 Post by dennis kazmerowski »

Hello everyone hope you are trying to stay warm--which brings me to the time of year when we think of everything we need to do to drive the 356 in the spring --looking to have floor work done --live in the northeast but can deliver car . I see there is someone in west palm fla that does work . Does anyone have any comments on this shop ( prices look to be reasonable ) Thanks

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: EASTCOAST RESTORATION

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

Who is the shop in West Palm?
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#3 Post by C J Murray »

I would talk to Bill Kemper at Panelwerks in Mentor Ohio. He is worth the drive. 440 639-1556
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

dennis kazmerowski
356 Fan

#4 Post by dennis kazmerowski »

its a shop i guess in fla. name --PAUL VAUGHN--he places an ad under parts at 65 hr rate has anyone used this shop --thanks

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#5 Post by Adam Wright »

dennis kazmerowski wrote:its a shop i guess in fla. name --PAUL VAUGHN--he places an ad under parts at 65 hr rate has anyone used this shop --thanks
I have a first hand report on this shop, PM sent, please read.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

FernandoLopez
356 Fan

#6 Post by FernandoLopez »

Hello Dennis,
What kind of floor work are you looking to do? We might be able to help!
Fernando

dennis kazmerowski
356 Fan

#7 Post by dennis kazmerowski »

possible full replacement --still checking it out

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#8 Post by Emil Wojcik »

Adam Wright wrote: I have a first hand report on this shop, PM sent, please read.
Adam, the vagueness of your response sounds a little ominous. If that was your intention, it worked. If it wasn't, you may have unintentionally given some of us cause for concern regarding their service.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#9 Post by Adam Wright »

Emil Wojcik wrote:
Adam Wright wrote: I have a first hand report on this shop, PM sent, please read.
Adam, the vagueness of your response sounds a little ominous. If that was your intention, it worked. If it wasn't, you may have unintentionally given some of us cause for concern regarding their service.
Emil,
Feel free to PM me.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Dan Epperly
356 Fan

#10 Post by Dan Epperly »

I don't understand why people always have to be so cryptic about experiences with vendors or shops. Shouldn't one of the services of the site be to expose those who provide shoddy service or products? The Samba has a Feedback Forum where this is done and it has saved many people from costly and painful experiences in the course of restoring or maintaining their vehicles.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#11 Post by Martin Benade »

I would try not post badly if I felt it was basically a personality mismatch, but if it is simply bad work or bad business, I agree that names should be shared.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#12 Post by Adam Wright »

Dan Epperly wrote:I don't understand why people always have to be so cryptic about experiences with vendors or shops. Shouldn't one of the services of the site be to expose those who provide shoddy service or products? The Samba has a Feedback Forum where this is done and it has saved many people from costly and painful experiences in the course of restoring or maintaining their vehicles.
Those of us in the business have to be careful how we critique other's in the business. Kind of like throwing rocks and living in a glass house. The shop and person is already named so if anyone does a search wants to talk to me they can send me a PM. I hope this explains it better.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

dennis kazmerowski
356 Fan

#13 Post by dennis kazmerowski »

I DO BELIEVE THIS ALL SERVES A PURPOSE. No one has left negative remarks but i do consider the registry a close group of people that share a love for these cars. We all know that replacement of floors and key panels can greatly affect your car and its value . Everyone should do thier homework before entering in to such a project. This original questions opens up both sides of the conversation were a member can tell us there good or bad experience ---I HAVE RECEIVED SEVERAL PM'S AND I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL

Al Zim
356 Fan

#14 Post by Al Zim »

Zim's Autotechnik is expecting a large shipment of German sheet metal to arrive the week of Jan. 22 2018. to facilitate ease if installation and prolonged life our supplier is coating the metal with a super thin (.01mm or .0003") coating of zinc. No longer will you have to remove the red paint (which was used to prevent rust in shipment) in the areas that need to be welded nor will you have to be concerned about excessive fumes from welding . If you require, the zinc can be removed with scotch brite. There will be a larger selection of replacement parts and new stampings for most of the older parts. This coating follows German standards. al zim aldwinzim@gmail.com
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services
www.facebook.com/ZimsAuto/
www.instagram.com/zims_autotechnik/

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#15 Post by Martin Benade »

Preferably remove the zinc before welding, unless you like a friendly amount of poisonous fumes.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna