Off to the paint shop!

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Off to the paint shop!

#106 Post by Adam Wright »

Geoff Fleming wrote:Adam,
Looks great! Knowing the car since 1984, I can hardly wait to see this new transfiguration. Are you keeping the same interior colors are they going to be changed also?
Interior is staying the same, thats one of the things I've always loved about the car. Paint will be spraying in the morning!
Attachments
90.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#107 Post by Adam Wright »

The silver is flying, backside of panels, the rest is spraying tonight.
Attachments
92.JPG
93.JPG
94.JPG
95.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#108 Post by Jim Liberty »

DSC_0014-001.JPG
You showed me yours, I'll shoe you mine. ……………..Jim.
Jim Liberty

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#109 Post by Ron LaDow »

You can't find better times fiddling with wrenches than fitting clean and refinished parts to a newly painted 'car'. Cliff sent me (and I'm sure others) shots of his Devin just back from paint; what a way to spend a winter! Adam, hope the garage is heated; I lived back east in my yute and had great times swinging wrenches in heated garages in the winter.
I'm a 'ruster' (if I touch metal with a bare hand, it's likely to rust); a bag of cotton gloves kept those plated and waxed parts waxed as they went on to one of the cars or other.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#110 Post by Adam Wright »

By the hair on my chinny, chin, chin! Car is in paint, I'm headed out to assist in the re-assemble on Thursday/Friday, then prepping for the ECH, I think it's going to work!!!
Attachments
96.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#111 Post by Martin Benade »

Looks beautiful, but reassemble in 2 days?
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#112 Post by Adam Wright »

Martin Benade wrote:Looks beautiful, but reassemble in 2 days?
While tomorrow is my 44th birthday, there's still enough youth in me to work like I'm 21, and luckily for me Brandon is still young, and the guy who works for him is even younger!
www.unobtanium-inc.com

JohnPierce
356 Fan

#113 Post by JohnPierce »

Assembly in 2 days......isn't that how everyone does it? Just like the TV car shows!!!
1963 B T6 Project

John Weyand
356 Fan

#114 Post by John Weyand »

Wouldn't that make a great group project? Like the team building games at church camp. We could write little messages inside headlight buckets, door panels, engine bay, etc. Meet in the parking lot right after nap time.
John W
'64 "C" coupe

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#115 Post by Adam Wright »

John Weyand wrote:Wouldn't that make a great group project? Like the team building games at church camp. We could write little messages inside headlight buckets, door panels, engine bay, etc. Meet in the parking lot right after nap time.
It wouldn't hurt to have a Judge on the team, that way when I am caught speeding making coffee runs I have a get out of jail free card, how about it Your Honor?
www.unobtanium-inc.com

John Weyand
356 Fan

#116 Post by John Weyand »

I must keep reminding my friends and others that I am now N.L.H. John. No more titles. (short for No Longer Honorable)
Travis (my older son) and I are leaving for Dominican Republic Monday for a build with Casas por Cristo. Nothing like a week in the Caribbean.
John W
'64 "C" coupe

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#117 Post by Adam Wright »

Yeah, but like Teacher Voice, you never lose the power of Judge Voice, I bet you could break it out and we would all snap to it.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#118 Post by Adam Wright »

Final sanding and buffing, we will start hanging panels later this afternoon. It's going to be a long night.

I asked Brandon if he wanted to be Lionel or Nicole, while I sang "All Night Long".

Being younger than me he didn't get the joke.
Attachments
97.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#119 Post by Adam Wright »

2 steps forward, 1 step back. Car was basically done, but Brandon didn't like how the paint came out, so he is shooting it again. I love perfection, or I will when it's done. Still time to make the ECH!
Attachments
99.jpg
100.jpg
101.jpg
102.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#120 Post by Martin Benade »

Now that you have raised the bar you will need a perfect set of Rudges - a big change to the budget.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna