Solex P11-4 Carbs

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Greg Garrett
356 Fan

Re: Solex P11-4 Carbs

#16 Post by Greg Garrett »

Thanks Dick, I appreciate it. Haven’t cut them yet. But I am surprised how rare those seem to be.

Dick Weiss
356 Fan

#17 Post by Dick Weiss »

Greg,

Thanks for answering; I do have a complete Solex line for an even swap even tho the Zenith line costs a little more
if it has a banjo fitting for the early rocker -arm fuel pump, but no matter--either way I could fit it to suit.
Do you need the insulator spacers along w/ the OEM gaskets? I have them, too @ a discount.
Overall, you pay the 2-way shipping including insurance.

Dick

Dick Weiss
356 Fan

#18 Post by Dick Weiss »

BTW Greg,

You can call me--(513) 703 5114 anytime till 2300 hrs.

Greg Garrett
356 Fan

#19 Post by Greg Garrett »

Thanks Dick,
I have the spacers and gaskets on the way already.
With regard to the fuel line, I want to hang on to the zenith one for now until I am sure the solex carbs I bought are “good” after installation and adjustments. I have another car with Webers on it so I will borrow that fuel line assembly and connect with braided fuel hose just for testing purposes. If there is any problem with the solex carbs, I can go back to the zeniths. If, however, the solex carbs are good to go, I will contact you to do the swap. It may not be until later next month before I can get the work done as I have to be out of town for a couple of weeks. Thanks for offer, hopefully we can do it.