Driving Lights

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

Re: Driving Lights

#16 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Jim: very nice. What brackets are you using for those?

Most of the brackets I seem to find are spec'd for the A and B cars. Looks like clearance might be a bit less on the C bumpers? I know my car has very little space between bumper and body.

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#17 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Sean M Rooks wrote:Most of the brackets I seem to find are spec'd for the A and B cars. Looks like clearance might be a bit less on the C bumpers? I know my car has very little space between bumper and body.
Sean, a few things---The A bumpers are different from B/C bumpers and use a unique driving light bracket. B/C bumpers are the same and driving light brackets like the ones I showed a few posts above will work on B/C bumpers. Also, the clearance on your C bumpers can be adjusted by loosening the bolts holding the bumper brackets to the body.
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

#18 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Sebastian Gaeta wrote:
Sean M Rooks wrote:Most of the brackets I seem to find are spec'd for the A and B cars. Looks like clearance might be a bit less on the C bumpers? I know my car has very little space between bumper and body.
Sean, a few things---The A bumpers are different from B/C bumpers and use a unique driving light bracket. B/C bumpers are the same and driving light brackets like the ones I showed a few posts above will work on B/C bumpers. Also, the clearance on your C bumpers can be adjusted by loosening the bolts holding the bumper brackets to the body.
Thanks, Sebastian! As you or Brad said, the brackets on your car are no longer offered I think so I'm interested in any readily available options that are confirmed to work on a C. Hoping to finally do a little outlaw personalizing of my C coupe before the Holiday in NJ next year. :)

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

#19 Post by Jim Nelson »

Sean M Rooks wrote:Jim: very nice. What brackets are you using for those?

Most of the brackets I seem to find are spec'd for the A and B cars. Looks like clearance might be a bit less on the C bumpers? I know my car has very little space between bumper and body.
Sean, I know exactly what you are referring to, and the brackets I used are the ones Sebastian showed, but after a trip to the milling machine to get the right gap (for two brackets) and the right angle (so it would clear the body). Brad initially had those up for T6 duty, but there's no way they clear the body. I'm guessing Sebastian found the right setup, but I spent a lot of time making those fit.

Conrad Carter
356 Fan
Tag: Let's be careful out there!

Re: b/c Driving Lights

#20 Post by Conrad Carter »

ImageAnyone know where I might purchase set of B/C brackets shown above? I am in NC so might be able to find manufacturer if I have some clues.
Conrad

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#21 Post by Jim Liberty »

I bolt mine to the bumper with a 1/8" stiffener under the bumper. Clean. Painted to match the car ....Jim.
DSC_0022-002.JPG
DSC_0022-002.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 377 times
Jim Liberty