Last Drive of the Year was only 100 feet

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
John Ward
356 Fan

Re: Last Drive of the Year was only 100 feet

#16 Post by John Ward »

Got a fair amount of "White Dirt" last year in So.Cal.
I live in the mountains of So.Cal. about 75mi. Southeast of L.A.
Attachments
0126171357 (2).jpg

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#17 Post by Steve Harrison »

Even Alabama got into the white dirt act :shock:

This is Auburn Alabama on Saturday believe it or not.
94C61536-B808-4A26-B2FA-BC50444BC584.jpeg
Being a displaced Marylander in the South, it’s a nice early Christmas present.
78AB1B69-4B49-40F6-9798-6EF4FF678305.jpeg
And Plus One for the insurance co that Sebastian mentions. I got with them after talking with Sebastian a few years ago. Good people, great prices, and no hassles. Your mileage allowance each year rolls over to the next year so your mileage can build up pretty high if you don’t drive much one year. But saying that,....they’ve never asked my mileage. And changing states from Georgia to Alabama was no biggie either.

Been busy with the move/housebuild, so been out of the loop for a while.
Winter affords a little more time to catch up, here and elsewhere.
My last drive of the year was a few months ago,...on the eve of a pending hurricane. Got a little wet, but that doens’t bother me much. The slow transmission leak that’s picking up speed now does bother me though. So,...it’s parked, likely till this summer when this house project is finished and I can drop the trans and reseal,...at least that’s my hope.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#18 Post by Adam Wright »

Steve Harrison wrote:Even Alabama got into the white dirt act :shock:

This is Auburn Alabama on Saturday believe it or not.
94C61536-B808-4A26-B2FA-BC50444BC584.jpeg
Being a displaced Marylander in the South, it’s a nice early Christmas present.
78AB1B69-4B49-40F6-9798-6EF4FF678305.jpeg
And Plus One for the insurance co that Sebastian mentions. I got with them after talking with Sebastian a few years ago. Good people, great prices, and no hassles. Your mileage allowance each year rolls over to the next year so your mileage can build up pretty high if you don’t drive much one year. But saying that,....they’ve never asked my mileage. And changing states from Georgia to Alabama was no biggie either.

Been busy with the move/housebuild, so been out of the loop for a while.
Winter affords a little more time to catch up, here and elsewhere.
My last drive of the year was a few months ago,...on the eve of a pending hurricane. Got a little wet, but that doens’t bother me much. The slow transmission leak that’s picking up speed now does bother me though. So,...it’s parked, likely till this summer when this house project is finished and I can drop the trans and reseal,...at least that’s my hope.
Don't worry, they will only ask for the mileage when you go to make a claim, as a way of getting out of paying it. I hate insurance companies. A friend just got dropped from his insurance because he made 2 claims, in 10 years!
Good to see ya back man!
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#19 Post by Steve Harrison »

Thanks Adam,
Sad to leave the Atlanta SOG crowd, a very active and fun bunch of guys.
But hopefully when driving weather gets better I will shake loose the local 356ers. Driving the beast around is really the best way to find friends/cars.

Love your new tag line btw.

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#20 Post by Wes Bender »

Hey Steve!! Welcome back. Don't stay gone so long........

Cheers,
Wes
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#21 Post by Steve Harrison »

Thanks Wes,
Yea, I’ve been off for a while. Did a little lurking last month and found out about Charlie and a few other things. Bummer.
Hope to be able to read the forum more often now that we’re at least somewhat settled into a routine here. We had no internet for a long time too. I’m in Auburn, but my property line is the city limit so it’s still in the boonies to some degree.

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#22 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Hi Steve!

Glad to see you back on board and I had not realized you already made the move to Auburn. I was driving from FL to Michigan last month and was planning on a surprise visit since it was in the middle of the day. Atlanta traffic changed that plan with a 2 hour delay and I lost so much time I had to keep pushing on, but I would have found an empty house anyway I guess or at least the new owners wondering why I was there :-)
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#23 Post by Adam Wright »

Steve Harrison wrote:Thanks Adam,

Love your new tag line btw.
Yeah, you'll notice lots of new tag lines...
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#24 Post by Steve Harrison »

Hey Sebastian,
Yea, we had a long long period of back and forth. Built a big shop with a tiny apartment above it and proceeded to move all my junk weekend after weekend. But finally put the old place up and it sold in a month. I like it better here. Nicer town,..college town. I can still deer hunt out back and I traded the creek for a pond. The Conti now has a dedicated side garage all it’s own. The only problem is I bought a whole flock of old Gravely walk behind tractors and they went in there. The Porsche is shoehorned into the center of the main shop,...not the best place to avoid “garage rash” but it’s the best I can do at the moment. Heck,..the shop is still full of furniture from the move too, haha.
Like everyone else shut down by the winter weather I’m anxiously awaiting the warm driving months. Will be starting the main house project in a few weeks, so it’ll be nice to get into the car and bomb around town to clear my head at the end of a construction day .

We’re just off 85 now instead of 75...any thru cruiser 356er’s welcome for a pit stop and a stretch.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#25 Post by Adam Wright »

Steve Harrison wrote:Hey Sebastian,
Yea, we had a long long period of back and forth. Built a big shop with a tiny apartment above it and proceeded to move all my junk weekend after weekend. But finally put the old place up and it sold in a month. I like it better here. Nicer town,..college town. I can still deer hunt out back and I traded the creek for a pond. The Conti now has a dedicated side garage all it’s own. The only problem is I bought a whole flock of old Gravely walk behind tractors and they went in there. The Porsche is shoehorned into the center of the main shop,...not the best place to avoid “garage rash” but it’s the best I can do at the moment. Heck,..the shop is still full of furniture from the move too, haha.
Like everyone else shut down by the winter weather I’m anxiously awaiting the warm driving months. Will be starting the main house project in a few weeks, so it’ll be nice to get into the car and bomb around town to clear my head at the end of a construction day .

We’re just off 85 now instead of 75...any thru cruiser 356er’s welcome for a pit stop and a stretch.
Gravely stuff? Want some more, Big John talked me into picking up a whole truckload for him.
Attachments
1.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#26 Post by Steve Harrison »

That looks a lot like the haul that I got. These things can be had for very little money, and they’re built like tanks. The gears inside are beefier than those in the 519 (Required Porsche Post Content) There are over 30 attachments made over the years too. Looks like you’ve got a good assortment. The only one I can’t ID is that rectangular boxy thing in the center of the trailer. My haul will likely result in two decent machines made up from the four. What are you going to do with all your machines?
5E29A095-99D7-4A35-8844-619D3071219A.jpeg
5E29A095-99D7-4A35-8844-619D3071219A.jpeg (69.56 KiB) Viewed 634 times