Custom Waterslide Decals

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
David Campbell
356 Fan

Custom Waterslide Decals

#1 Post by David Campbell »

I lost my father in late May, just before he was going to visit from Florida. The plan was for him to spend some time up with us and "break in" our 1961 356B project that had just finished up in February. He was 84. I hope to post more about him and the car later on. Honestly it has been a tough adjustment.

My plan was to have him autograph the inside of the glove box. I also have some wall art (a LED backlit VW decklid) that I've had signed by some Porsche/VW friends. I wanted Dad to sign that too. Recently I checked into having his signature recreated digitally into a decal.

I contacted print shops and looked around the web and finally ran across Josh Muma at Bedlam Creations in Charlevoix, MI. He focuses on custom decals for musical instruments and other hobbyist applications. I'm posting to say the service and product well exceeded my expectations. He took a plain blue ink signature and converted it as if it had been done with a Sharpie marker.

Continue to buy your 356 automotive decals from our vendors. If you need something customized it would be hard to find a better source. I am not posting his website link, as I'm not sure that is proper for this forum. You can find the firm on the web or FB. If you are looking for some creative and affordable options for 356 club award plaques this technique is one way to go.
1961 B Coupe
1966 VW Type I
1987 944 NA
2000 Boxster S

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: Custom Waterslide Decals

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

What a great way to have your dad's "fingerprints" on your car.

My sincere condolences.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Robert Reed
356 Fan

Re: Custom Waterslide Decals

#3 Post by Robert Reed »

David; so very sorry to hear that, I'm sure he was looking forward to it as much as you. Hopefully you will post some pics of the car as well as the decals you had made.
Bob

Still working on mine, haven't gotten to install the carpet yet :(