Update on EASY and Jim Breazeale

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Steve Douglas
356 Fan

Update on EASY and Jim Breazeale

#1 Post by Steve Douglas »

Here's a link to the story of EASY from Flatsixes Blog
http://flatsixes.com/porsche-culture/ba ... inventory/
Thankfully we can still hang out there.
Jim good luck, and I can highly recommend retirement

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: Update on EASY and Jim Breazeale

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

All the best, Jim, and many, many thanks for all you've done for our 356 community.

Enjoy your retirement! It is all it's cracked up to be. The only downside is the 7-day weekends can be overwhelming!

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#3 Post by Adam Wright »

I learned a lot from Jim, he will be missed as a go-to source of vast knowledge.
Enjoy retirement Jim, and feel free to head to NY if you feel the need to get greasy again!
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#4 Post by Greg Bryan »

Hopefully, the up-side is that Jim will have more time to add his wisdom on the 356Talk forums.
Greg Bryan

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#5 Post by Ron LaDow »

Oh
Em
Gee
Haven't spoken with him for several months.
Jim, don't let that golf foolishness turn your head.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

John Clarke
356 Fan

#6 Post by John Clarke »

Enjoy it Jim
Thankfully for us EASY seems to be in good hands with Rod. Surprised that Adam didn't get those parts?
Kind regards
Jay

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#7 Post by Adam Wright »

John Clarke wrote:Enjoy it Jim
Thankfully for us EASY seems to be in good hands with Rod. Surprised that Adam didn't get those parts?
Kind regards
Jay
Distance too far and too many duplicates. If you look at Rod's pics you will see a lot of good stuff like engine cases, doors, etc, but that stuff I already have thousands of. He also had a lot of late model stuff, which I don't do much with.
Now if Jim would of had truckloads of wheels, dash stuff, other juicy stuff I would have made the trip. But the good news is Rod will make good use of the stuff he needs and is accessible enough to make the rest of available to those that need it. I never mind seeing the stuff go somewhere else, as long as the community can access it when needed. What I hate to see with bid parts stashes is when one of two things happen.
1. A private collector buys it and hoards it, meaning what was once a community resource is now un-available.
2. God forbid, a bunch of stuff ends up in the dumpster.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Martin Bruechle
356 Fan

#8 Post by Martin Bruechle »

Adam Wright wrote: God forbid, a bunch of stuff ends up in the dumpster.
Near downtown Los Angeles on a job in the 90's I saw a huge windshield business close down after decades.
They had loaded several roll off dumpsters with old vintage windshields. Thousands tossed in then broken.

Alex Mestas
356 Fan
Tag: It’s only a hobby.

#9 Post by Alex Mestas »

Thank you Jim for all your help and advice over the years. A sincere congratulations on your retirement. I'm so glad that Parts Obsolete & Emory Motorsports, a fine group of 356 enthusiasts, will maintain the cache of Porsche parts. I look forward to your continued participation in both on the 356 Registry and the Early 911 Forums.
1963 356 T-6 Coupe Signal Red.
1973.5 911 T Coupe Ivory.
1989 911 Carrera Targa Grd Prix White.

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#10 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Six Saturdays followed by a Sunday Jim.You need to hit the Midwest for some summer golf in Wisconsin and Michigan.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#11 Post by Mike Wilson »

Golf?! You know why they call it "golf"? Because all the other 4-letter words were taken! Ha!

Enjoy, Jim!

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Geoff Fleming
356 Fan

#12 Post by Geoff Fleming »

Jim & Co. will be missed! I visited the shop while on vacation, some years ago and made some much-needed purchases. Jim was away but the fellow at the counter was really helpful. Ironically, my parents lived in Emeryville, just after the end of WWII. My mom wanted to stay but my dad was eager to return to N.Y., though there was no special reason to do so.
Well, at least we now have Adam here on the East Coast, who seems to be carrying on many of Jim's attributes. Hope the folks in the 356 community appreciate just how invaluable these guys are.
My best regards to Jim in whatever direction he takes.

John Wurner
356 Fan

#13 Post by John Wurner »

Jim
Enjoy you next venture, retirement is great except for the fact you no longer get vacations.
You have been a great help to me over the years, God bless.
John

Tom Wavrin
356 Fan

#14 Post by Tom Wavrin »

Back in the 90's, with newly purchased 55100 in my garage and me trying to get over the anxiety of buying a car in pieces and beginning a new hobby, I contacted Jim with a list of missing parts I thought were needed. He explained to me that he wouldn't make any money searching for the small parts worth a few bucks apiece. Sure enough, I'd get a box in the mail with same. With some saying it was a waste of time, money and a loss of potential parts to other 356'ers by restoring a coupe, Jim provided valuable advice and encouragement. Each call to EASY included a reference to golf. Congratulations Jim and best wishes for many years of good health and perfecting your short game.
Tom, Reg # 10576, Oregon
'62 1600S Karmann HT

Jason OBrien
356 Fan

#15 Post by Jason OBrien »

Happy retirement Jim,

You've always been a great guy to deal with and we're instrumental in helping me get my coupe finished. I'll always be greatful to you for that and will fondly remember all the phone calls to EASY. Your a great conversationalist and an even better fellow.

Hope you still lerk around the board every once and awhile to share your knowledge.

KTF,

JO