356 Provenance

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: 356 Provenance

#16 Post by Adam Wright »

fred otjen wrote:Hmm, this Kardex only friends doesn't sound good or right. Guess the privileged has privileges even in our small brotherhood - sad.
Settle down Fred, there are many places to get Kardexes, two sources are listed in this thread alone. I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not one of those sources. I don't pay for mine, but I also agreed not to get them for other people, thereby not abusing my friend in Germany, I'm sure you can appreciate this. What wouldn't be right would be agreeing to this with my friend and then charging all you guys for the Kardexes, that would not be cool to anyone, which is why I don't do it. If you want a Kardex go to one of the sources that charges for them, they are readily available, I just didn't want people coming to me because I gave my word I wouldn't ask for a Kardex unless it was for me, and keeping my word means a lot to me.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#17 Post by C J Murray »

Hi Adam,
I read your signature. We have to temper our tendency to provoke jealousy in others also. I would say it was a mistake to reference your secret Kardex source as often as you have without some sort of backlash. I'm not casting blame so much as stating the obvious. Discretion is the better part of valor. Loose lips sink ships. Mums the word.
Dear Abby(Dear Cliffy?)
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#18 Post by Adam Wright »

C J Murray wrote:Hi Adam,
I read your signature. We have to temper our tendency to provoke jealousy in others also. I would say it was a mistake to reference your secret Kardex source as often as you have without some sort of backlash. I'm not casting blame so much as stating the obvious. Discretion is the better part of valor. Loose lips sink ships. Mums the word.
Dear Abby(Dear Cliffy?)
I only referenced my source because I showed two Kardexes, and everytime I've done that I get a flood of guys asking,
"Can you get me a Kardex?"

So rather than tell 20 cars off-line that I can't get a Kardex for them and in case my friend in Germany sees this thread, and think's I'm about the open the floodgates, I thought I would mention that I am not a Kardex source.

As far as my signature, that pertains to a different situation.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#19 Post by C J Murray »

To simplify my previous post....don't talk about it.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#20 Post by Adam Wright »

C J Murray wrote:To simplify my previous post....don't talk about it.
Which part? My knowledge of info on the Kardex to help the original post about finding the original owner? Should I not have shown the examples?

I thought I was being pretty up front. And like I said before, if someone wants a Kardex, they aren't hard to find, there are numerous guys on S Registry who can get them and two sources in this thread.
www.unobtanium-inc.com