Northern California Fires

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Bob Forman
356 Fan

Northern California Fires

#1 Post by Bob Forman »

Watching Special Report tonight there was a short section of a video showing a burned-out 356. Very sad. Appeared to be a T6 coupe. My fingers are crossed that people and property are spared further devastation.
Bob Forman

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Re: Northern California Fires

#2 Post by Ron LaDow »

Bob, there are more than a couple of 356 cars and owners north of SF in the affected areas. It is full of roads seemingly designed for 356 tail-wagging, as I can attest having enjoyed the rides for many, many years.
Like the folks in FL several weeks ago, they are certainly too busy to post now, but like those folks, my best wishes and an open-ended offer of assistance is the best I can do at this point.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Jerry Charlup
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jerry Charlup »

I'm in Sonoma with a 356 friend. They are OK but no power. Also heard that another Napa collector is OK as well.
Given the devastation and the lack of power, cell and internet services, it may be a while before we hear unfortunate stories from our community.
There are still fires burning in or near homes in many areas.

Jerry

M Penta
356 Fan

#4 Post by M Penta »

Just horrible. I feel so sad for the people effected by this. Such a beautiful place too..

You have to wonder how all of these fires started, one explanation is downed power lines due to the hurricane force winds. I'd like to think it was not arson.

Can't imagine the cost of this, especially when combined with other recent disasters our country has faced.

Max Handley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Max Handley »

Your so right. It's really unimaginable.The sheer scope of property completely lost, people killed and the counties involved is just unprecedented.

Apocalyptic is the vision that comes to mind. Combined with all the other horrific tragedies that have occurred this year you begin to wonder. I'm at a loss for words really.
 Contact email Spyderwerks@comcast.net

M Penta
356 Fan

#6 Post by M Penta »

Totally agree Max. What could be worse then a "fire storm", its like the very definition of apocalyptic.

Can't imagine how difficult it would be to lose everything like that, and how difficult it would be to start over. As if life isn't hard enough...

George Walling
356 Fan

#7 Post by George Walling »

I have a person I work with and her son in law is on the fire and he said that in his area the fires were started by high winds causing the power lines to swing into each other and tree branches striking the power lines which sparked and started most of the fires and is what caused the fires to be so wide spread. His fire station burnt to the ground. At any rate I sure pray for the safety of all and hope the winds quit and they can get the fires out very soon. Stay safe and good luck getting through this.
George E Walling

Ron Delmendo
356 Fan

#8 Post by Ron Delmendo »

A small bright side on this tragedy, our friends, Brad and Mindy, survived, as did their 356's. Their property on Franz Valley Road was scorched and many of their neighbors lost their homes on the first day.

Here they are at Sante Fe in happier times.
Attachments
IMG_0001.JPG
Cheers,

Ron

'61 Roadster Outlaw
'69 911E ROW Coupe
'68 911 SWT project
‘18 Macan