Suggestions to sell project 1965 356 SC

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jules Dielen
356 Fan

Re: Suggestions to sell project 1965 356 SC

#31 Post by Jules Dielen »

Jim Neil wrote:
Jules Dielen wrote:
Adam Wright wrote:
fred otjen wrote:SCs seem to be preferred over the Cs. I've got a very original driver quality C coupe and would like to trade into to a project SC if someone is interested contact me.
The SC is the pinnacle of regular 356 production, it really gets no more refined or better handling. There is something to be said for having the last of the line. It's the same reason the 993 is so coveted, it's as good as you'll ever get. Porsche has always made well engineered quality cars and continually refine them over time, so there is really something to be said for having the best that ever was to come out of the Factory.
996 being the exception to the rule. That POS was engineered by accountants.
LOL!!! My first Porsche (and 911) was a '93 RS America (a keeper I shoulda' kept), then a '97 911 Targa; gave that up when I fired my biggest client, leased an E class for 18 months, then got a Boxster S, eventually back into an '04 911 Targa, traded that after 5 months on 997 launch day for a 997S launch car. Loved them all, except the 996 NEVER hit home with me, yes, engineered by accountants! Now have my '09 011 TT, last year of Mezger engine, perfectly configured, love this car and will likely keep it til I croak. 356 is under observation - love it, but no time for it, flip flopping whether to keep or sell.
I've never owned anything from Zuffenhausen that had water in it to keep it working. I had a friend ask me to test drive a used 996 he was interested in. I was terrified to take it on a test drive.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.