Holiday Location

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

Holiday Location

#1 Post by Thomas Sottile »

I was thinking New Orleans would be a great location for a fall Holiday not this fall of course. but in the future No problem with Hotels or Restaurants Lots to do what do you think.?

James Learmonth
356 Fan

Re: Holiday Location

#2 Post by James Learmonth »

Thomas,
Have you been seeing the weather news from NOLA the last few days? Do you remember hurricane Katrina? August is the month that gulf storms start to increase their numbers. I'd love to go there for a weekend if the weather is nice but I wouldn't plan on good weather for a date next year.

Jim Learmonth
Houston, TX

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

#3 Post by Thomas Sottile »

Yes that is why I picked Late Oct. as a possible date I go to nola every may for jazz fest I have never had a problem. With that type of thinking we would not travel anywhere. With tornadoes in the mid west and earth quakes in the far west. One Holiday in New Bedford, Mass my 356 was floating in the parking lot. Shit Happens stay well Tom

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

Personally I love New Orleans. Don't know if I would make it that far for a holiday, but I like the idea. My brother would probably go though, his 911 was bought new at Crescent City Motors!
Attachments
mattcar.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

#5 Post by Thomas Sottile »

Adam I am surprise, you have not driven you car any long distances A lot of us have driven to west coast Holidays from the east. the longest trip I have driven mine way 5150 miles round trip which took us to Yellowstone on our way to the Holiday in Utah. Try it you may like it.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#6 Post by Adam Wright »

Thomas Sottile wrote:Adam I am surprise, you have not driven you car any long distances A lot of us have driven to west coast Holidays from the east. the longest trip I have driven mine way 5150 miles round trip which took us to Yellowstone on our way to the Holiday in Utah. Try it you may like it.
I think you have it all wrong, I would love to trek across the country in my 356, but with two little kids and no back seat it just can't be done. Not to mention school schedules and the like, getting a solid week off can be tough, not like all you retired guys.
Now the Mustang, it has a back seat!
Attachments
stangfamily.jpeg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

M Penta
356 Fan

#7 Post by M Penta »

New Orleans in oct may be OK since it will not be as brutally hot, but still very busy and lots of traffic. I personally like the idea of a more rural area with good driving roads, Jay Peak VT is one place that comes to mind. It was an excellent venue for the PCA event last year and would also be a great place for a 356 Holiday. Pretty far for most people though...

Or maybe a Holiday combined with a vintage race event, like Watkins Glen or Limerock? or maybe even at a track when no big event is taking place?

robert e gwaltney
356 Fan

#8 Post by robert e gwaltney »

As for East Coast locations, VIR in Virginia is a beautiful setting and a great 3.2 mile course that is a lot of fun, just an idea
Robb Gwaltney

71 911 T Coupe RS Outlaw, white
62 356B Coupe Silver Metallic
95 HD FLSTN
2018 Porsche Macan Sport Edition
1998 E36 M3 track car
2007 BMW 650i

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#9 Post by Adam Wright »

robert e gwaltney wrote:As for East Coast locations, VIR in Virginia is a beautiful setting and a great 3.2 mile course that is a lot of fun, just an idea
That would be very very cool.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#10 Post by Mark Pribanic »

I'm surprised Savannah hasn't had an ECH yet. PCA had the Parade there in 2011.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

#11 Post by Thomas Sottile »

I love Savannah.

Rhys and Karisa Haydon
Registry Trustee

#12 Post by Rhys and Karisa Haydon »

Just my quick 2 cents is that the location has much to do with someone taking on the project. I know that the WCH at Skamania was a huge undertaking, and took over a year to get things sorted out. You have to find the rooms, get the rates figured out, line up folks to help, hopefully get a local club to help support it... the list goes on. But really it starts with someone saying "XXX would be a great place for a holiday!"
We love Louisiana and would do our best to make it there!
I also like the idea of combining with a race!!! VIR would be amazing!
-tr
1956 Coupe "Marilyn"
1964 Coupe "Homer"
Instagram: @therhys

George Kehler
356 Fan

#13 Post by George Kehler »

Savannah or VIR area would be nicely centrally located. Beaufort SC is very quaint and often overlooked. Right off I-95. Wives like these places as well. George
George Kehler II

1955 Coupe
1971 911 S
1997 993 Targa

Felix Macaluso
356 Fan

#14 Post by Felix Macaluso »

Lots of good location ideas here. Now check out the Holiday Planner (login, News and Events tab). Your trustees can and will help.
Felix

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#15 Post by Adam Wright »

george kehler wrote:Savannah or VIR area would be nicely centrally located. Beaufort SC is very quaint and often overlooked. Right off I-95. Wives like these places as well. George
If anyone wanted to reach out to Connie Nyholm, the owner and CEO or VIR, she recently got some press. It would be a good opener to congratulate her on the new appointment and then segue into VIR hosting a holiday. One of the first things I learned in business school was sales always work better if you arrive on good news.

http://www.virginiabusiness.com/compani ... arch-board
www.unobtanium-inc.com