Transmission Mounts

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
MarioManzo
356 Fan

Transmission Mounts

#1 Post by MarioManzo »

So, I have one Porsche original bellhousing mount (519-20-095) but having the dangest luck finding a Porsche original for the other side. I've heard issues with some of the newer ones being thinner than the originals and causing even more engine sag. I see our vendors have multiple new choices with a wide range of pricing, so curious if anyone has any recommendations on new ones.....or have another Porsche original for the other side (519-20-096).
Attachments
IMG_0403.JPG

Jon Bunin
356 Fan

Re: Transmission Mounts

#2 Post by Jon Bunin »

Mario,

The original mounts were produced by GETEFO and will have the names GIMETALL-GETEFO molded into the rubber, under your part number label.
I think there are still sources for these.

A link to a previous post, with pictures: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31617
Jon Bunin

MarioManzo
356 Fan

#3 Post by MarioManzo »

Thanks Jon, very helpful (and apparently I need to get better at the search function as this was the exact post title from before :P ).

As you mentioned there's a plethora of sources for this, so curious too if anyone had advice on a good source for as original as possible and durable. But perhaps that's the answer, just go with a trusted vendor with a good pic that shows GIMETALL-GETEFO.

Thx,

Mario

Steve Swift
356 Fan

#4 Post by Steve Swift »

I looked in my stash and found a NOS 095, but not the 096. I wonder if one side went bad faster than the other? Any others out there witn just the 095?

Brad Ripley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Brad Ripley »

How many right hand ones you want? order p/n NLA-20-096-KIT, about $110.

or, both left and right, p/n NLA-20-095, about $115 (for the pair). These are fresh parts from the OE in Germany -- AFAIK, the only one being made; there never has been a reproduction.

WilliamVaughan
356 Fan

#6 Post by WilliamVaughan »

Re sag: there is another related talk list thread. Many assume their 356 C engine & transmission are sagging because the engine compartment horizontal sheet metal is deliberately placed "high" by the factory. The reason for this was explained by some talk listers