A good omen

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

A good omen

#1 Post by Adam Wright »

I am about to put my new wheels on my 356 and decided to order new tires. It was a good omen, my total was $356! Can't wait to put the new wheels on.
Attachments
356tires.jpeg
IMG_5664.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

Re: A good omen

#2 Post by David Jones »

May be a good omen Adam but you may need it with al that extra weight to move around. Did you ever weigh the ridge wheels to see what the difference was?
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#3 Post by Adam Wright »

David Jones wrote:May be a good omen Adam but you may need it with al that extra weight to move around. Did you ever weigh the ridge wheels to see what the difference was?
Dave,
Is it going to slow me down when I'm drag racing on Friday nights? Seriously, if they were good enough for Steve McQueen, they are good enough for me.
Attachments
stevemcqueenspeedster.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

John Weyand
356 Fan

#4 Post by John Weyand »

I tried to convince Nancy that same idea. As they loaded her into the ambulance (after being hit by a foul ball at the Akron ballpark) I noticed the serial number painted on the ambulance was "356". She never forgave me for getting out my phone to snap a photo of the medics loading her into the 356 wagon. (It turned out to be only a very serious bruise just above her eye.)
John W
'64 "C" coupe

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#5 Post by Adam Wright »

John Weyand wrote:I tried to convince Nancy that same idea. As they loaded her into the ambulance (after being hit by a foul ball at the Akron ballpark) I noticed the serial number painted on the ambulance was "356". She never forgave me for getting out my phone to snap a photo of the medics loading her into the 356 wagon. (It turned out to be only a very serious bruise just above her eye.)
Yeah, ya gotta capture the moment, no matter the cost!
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#6 Post by Steve Proctor »

Fantastic picture of McQueen wrenching. Had never seen that and did not know he was a hands on guy. Looks like he's replacing the oil filter.

STP
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757