Car won't idle well with weber carbs

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Car won't idle well with weber carbs

#16 Post by Adam Wright »

When I first got my car about 10 years ago it had Webers on a C motor, I chased a flat spot for months, moved it here, moved it there, but it never went away. I threw the Webers in a box, had a friend re-build some Zenith's and I've never looked back. They are bulletproof. Maybe I am losing a few horses but no flat spots makes for a much better driving experience. The good news is lots of people like the Webers so you can sell them when you pull them off.
Attachments
stacks.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Geoff Fleming
356 Fan

#17 Post by Geoff Fleming »

Looks great with the velocity stacks! While I like Solex carbs, Zeniths are excellent. I know of some Zenith equipped engines that produce some great throttle response.
Zenith gurus like Ron LaDow and Jim at CarbRescue, Dick Weiss and others, can massage these carbs to a level of performance that would make a believer of almost anyone.
...and they were original equipment, so the linkages have the correct geometry.

Jason Eastman
356 Fan

#18 Post by Jason Eastman »

So on the advice of many who have responded, I tossed in a F7 emulsion tubes. Whole new car! After more tweaks and countless test drives I'd say it runs pretty good. I still had to turn the idle screws in past 1/2 of a turn though. My final combination to this puzzle is F7 emulsion tubes, Idle jets are 60, mains are 115, air correction is 200. As long as it runs half way decent when I start it in the morning and drive it until its hot then I call this a success.

DonCichocki
356 Fan

#19 Post by DonCichocki »

Drop down to 55 idles and see what happens. 60's are super rich as indicated by your idle screw setting.