Classifieds search engine

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

Classifieds search engine

#1 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

This will only you a second and be very illuminating. Would each of you just take a moment and enter "shift knob" in the for sale section and also "wood steering wheel" Feel free to post your results to me directly, Jeffrey Fellman

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

Re: Classifieds search engine

#2 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

To be clear I am talking about searching the classifieds, all my ads are not visible across the board. I have been receiving alerts from customers all summer and just sort of hoped it would take care of itself. This is a rather big deal not just for me but the membership. Again just try the obvious and let me know what results you get. So far zero results no matter what key words are used, same in Chrome, Firefox etc. Not cool.
distributor
headlights
wood wheel
horns
shift knob

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#3 Post by Adam Wright »

I think the problem you are having is the default setting on the search is for "wanted" ads, not "For Sale", you have to manually switch it. Once you switch it to "For Sale" your ad comes right up for Wood Steering Wheel.

I've never searched your ads, I tried to buy a wood steering wheel from you years ago, let's just say the deal didn't go well and I've avoided buying anything from you since. I did have my mechanic order the SMD lights to install in my car, great product. But again your sale practices left much to be desired. My mechanic said you initially told him he had to order 6 pairs and you only relented and sold him one pair when he said no, no, and no. So Jeffrey your sales loses might not all be due to bad search engines, tighten up your game man!
Attachments
fellman1.jpeg
fellman2.jpeg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

#4 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

No, fully switched to "for sale" but the very fact that you have to do so is beyond stupid in itself. I have had several members contact me this morning and tried like hell while I was on the phone, zero results.

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

I think that this is not the first time you have made this very negative remark as to my business practices. I am not always available and in fact am taking the summer off with my children as usual. but we still fill orders as best we can. My memory of our interaction seemed to revolve around you not accepting that raising my two autistic children and filling orders received before yours take precedence. As far as "your mechanic" goes. It is an absolute untruth that I " refused" to sell him my lights unless he bought several pairs. I guess the 1000, yes read:1000 people who have successfully purchased my lights were anomalies. We have had a simple money back if not delighted with your purchase policy for over 38 years. I DID decline to give him the wholesale price on a single pair. To do so would be unfair to my wholesale accounts.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#6 Post by Adam Wright »

Jeffrey Fellman wrote:I think that this is not the first time you have made this very negative remark as to my business practices. I am not always available and in fact am taking the summer off with my children as usual. but we still fill orders as best we can. My memory of our interaction seemed to revolve around you not accepting that raising my two autistic children and filling orders received before yours take precedence. As far as "your mechanic" goes. It is an absolute untruth that I " refused" to sell him my lights unless he bought several pairs. I guess the 1000, yes read:1000 people who have successfully purchased my lights were anomalies. We have had a simple money back if not delighted with your purchase policy for over 38 years. I DID decline to give him the wholesale price on a single pair. To do so would be unfair to my wholesale accounts.
Jeffrey, your reputation in this business is well known, so let's not be coy about it. It is described as "eccentric" at best.
And when I attempted to order a wood steering wheel from you it had nothing to do with shipping, or taking care of your children, it had to do with the unprofessional treatment on the phone, and the changing of pricing. It was around the time of your FL home plumbing crisis, if you need to date the interaction. As far as my mechanic ordering the lights from you, he was very specific that you pushed him to buy six pairs when he only needed one, for my car. Against my better judgement I requested he order a pair from you to install in my car because I had heard good things about the product. The product is outstanding, as are your steering wheels, it's the Fellman treatment that rubs people the wrong way, and I'm far from alone in saying this.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Dave Wildrick
356 Fan

#7 Post by Dave Wildrick »

Jeffrey Fellman wrote:To be clear I am talking about searching the classifieds, all my ads are not visible across the board. I have been receiving alerts from customers all summer and just sort of hoped it would take care of itself. This is a rather big deal not just for me but the membership. Again just try the obvious and let me know what results you get. So far zero results no matter what key words are used, same in Chrome, Firefox etc. Not cool.
distributor
headlights
wood wheel
horns
shift knob
Using Chrome, if I search "Fellman", 3 products come up, the wood steering wheel, 6V SMD headlights, and 6V starter, but I get none of your items by searching for distributor, horns, or shift knob.
Dave Wildrick
Houston, TX
64C coupe
65C coupe

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#8 Post by Mike Wilson »

Using the search feature with it set on "For Sale", the headlights and steering wheel come up with all other such items for sale. A search for shift knobs brings up sales by two other members.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

#9 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

I have eight separate ads listed for"wood steering wheel" and only one currently displays. I have active ads for my horns, distributors BR18 ans 022 as well as shit knobs, starters and SMD headlights as well as smaller bulbs. Most searches return one wheel ad only, at best three out of all my products. Obviously not great for me but also a complete failure to serve the dues paying Registry members. I am also a multiple 356 owner and have to wonder what ads I am not seeing when I search for parts. No more playing around. Lets fix this once and for all.

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#10 Post by Emil Wojcik »

I'm assuming other vendors are having the same problem with their listings. Can any of you please speak up and tell us if you're having the same or similar issues.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#11 Post by Adam Wright »

Jeffrey Fellman wrote:I have eight separate ads listed for"wood steering wheel" and only one currently displays. I have active ads for my horns, distributors BR18 ans 022 as well as shit knobs, starters and SMD headlights as well as smaller bulbs. Most searches return one wheel ad only, at best three out of all my products. Obviously not great for me but also a complete failure to serve the dues paying Registry members. I am also a multiple 356 owner and have to wonder what ads I am not seeing when I search for parts. No more playing around. Lets fix this once and for all.
I did a search for your shift knobs and nothing came up, did you spell it wrong?
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#12 Post by Brian R Adams »

Jeffrey Fellman wrote:I think that this is not the first time you have made this very negative remark as to my business practices. I am not always available and in fact am taking the summer off with my children as usual. but we still fill orders as best we can. My memory of our interaction seemed to revolve around you not accepting that raising my two autistic children and filling orders received before yours take precedence. As far as "your mechanic" goes. It is an absolute untruth that I " refused" to sell him my lights unless he bought several pairs. I guess the 1000, yes read:1000 people who have successfully purchased my lights were anomalies. We have had a simple money back if not delighted with your purchase policy for over 38 years. I DID decline to give him the wholesale price on a single pair. To do so would be unfair to my wholesale accounts.
With all due respect, Jeffrey, that's no way to run a business such as yours. Taking the summer off? Filling orders "as best you can"? Is this just your hobby, or a tax write-off, or both?
-
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

#13 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

Am I to understand that you actually were unable to purchase one of our products? Did I not reply to an inquiry? What I love about the Registry is that you can count on a myriad of replies that are couched in negatives but do not address the actual topic. This is why I rarely if ever post. The quality of my children's lives is more important to me than anything else and I refuse to apologize for that. As is usual, these threads quickly devolve into such useless posts such as yours. Yes I put it to you squarely why you took the time out of your life to make such a reply. How were the members served by such a post? I am slightly ashamed I took the time out of mine to reply. The phrase stoop to conquer comes to mind. What a cesspool our List has become.

Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

#14 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

I forgot to ask, did you try to find my products via the classifieds> If so what were the results. Or is such a question too far off topic?

John Clarke
356 Fan

#15 Post by John Clarke »

Hi all
I don't think it's nice when the posts get personal! or when someone has just joined the 356 Registry for personal business gains either.
Regards Jay