211635 History request.

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Robert O'Rourke
356 Fan

211635 History request.

#1 Post by Robert O'Rourke »

Hi Guys and Gals,

I hope someone out there can help me. I have purchased 211635, a 1963 365 B T6 1600s Coupe from a friend who bought the car from the Beverly Hills Car Club in early 2014.

Sadly the car has not got any history or record of previous owners, if anyone has owned this car or has any information on it, I would be extremely appreciative of any information you are happy to share.

Couple of pics of the car when I got it.

Big love to you all, Rorky.
IMG_3618.JPG

Wil Mittelbach
356 Fan

Re: 211635 History request.

#2 Post by Wil Mittelbach »

Rorky -
As a start, suggest you obtain from Porsche a "Certificate Of Authenticity" for your car which will provide the car's original particulars - such as color, engine number, production date,etc,etc. As such, as a reference, it would indicate any significant changes made to your car since its original post factory sale.
- Wil

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jules Dielen »

Wil Mittelbach wrote:Rorky -
As a start, suggest you obtain from Porsche a "Certificate Of Authenticity" for your car which will provide the car's original particulars - such as color, engine number, production date,etc,etc. As such, as a reference, it would indicate any significant changes made to your car since its original post factory sale.
- Wil
Not anymore, regretfully. The new COA will not state engine and transmission numbers anymore. Just that it had a 1600cc normal/super/S90.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

#4 Post by David Jones »

Porsche UK do not have the same set of rules as PCA. He may get lucky. Contact Mike Smith at PRS in Essex. He is your go to man in the UK. Where in the UK are you? I know it is a small place but lots of places to hide. You may have another 356 owner 2 streets over.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Wil Mittelbach
356 Fan

#5 Post by Wil Mittelbach »

Jules Dielen wrote:
Wil Mittelbach wrote:Rorky -
- Wil
Not anymore, regretfully. The new COA will not state engine and transmission numbers anymore. Just that it had a 1600cc normal/super/S90.
Nevertheless, the COA still would indicate car production date, original exterior paint color, and interior material color and type - all of which may be helpful relative to the car's history.

Norm Miller
356 Fan
Tag: Official curmudgeon

#6 Post by Norm Miller »

Jules,

With the no numbers change did they reduce the outrageous price?

Norm