wanted towing service/Denver CO

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Bj Kellogg
356 Fan

wanted towing service/Denver CO

#1 Post by Bj Kellogg »

Looking for a flatbed/rollback towing service in Denver CO that knows how to move around these little cars. The old guys who knew what they were doing are retiring and the younger ones have never seen a 356.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: wanted towing service/Denver CO

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

I'd touch base with the PCA in your region. I'm sure they can refer you to someone reputable and familiar with flatbedding a Porsche. Perhaps even your local AAA towing service?

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Clement
356 Fan
Tag: 1957 356 A Coupe

#3 Post by Jim Clement »

I have used my local CAA (Canadian version of the same) I will admit to hauling it from my house to upholstery, then to engine shop.. drove home.. then tow back to engine shop.. and sometimes I get a young guy.. sometimes a more experienced guy.. they are all SO GOOD..
when they pull up and see what they get to tow.. I think it has made there day.. they use soft straps to pull it onto the flat bed, secure it around the tires with soft straps.. and all with a big smile..
that said.. I always tow on days I know they will not be to busy, and I am flexible on the times, always tell them they must use a flat bed..
great experience !!

Jon Schmid
356 Fan

#4 Post by Jon Schmid »

Jim Clement wrote:I have used my local CAA (Canadian version of the same) I will admit to hauling it from my house to upholstery, then to engine shop.. drove home.. then tow back to engine shop.. and sometimes I get a young guy.. sometimes a more experienced guy.. they are all SO GOOD..
when they pull up and see what they get to tow.. I think it has made there day.. they use soft straps to pull it onto the flat bed, secure it around the tires with soft straps.. and all with a big smile..
that said.. I always tow on days I know they will not be to busy, and I am flexible on the times, always tell them they must use a flat bed..
great experience !!
X2 on AAA flatbeds. Don't ask me how I know. :wink:

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#5 Post by Mike Wilson »

I used a AAA flatbed for transport from body shop to upholstery and back. The one driver had an uncle with a Speedster and had transported several 356's.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Neil
356 Fan

#6 Post by Jim Neil »

I've had fine service from AAA / flatbeds. I have premium AAA membership, extended tow miles and other benes. After losing my keys, although it took a couple of tries, AAA sent someone out with old VW tools who was able to open the wind wing and get me access to the car.
1960 356 B Coupe
2009 911 Turbo Coupe
2016 Panamera
Gone but not forgotten: 2005 Carrera S, 2004 Targa, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 Targa, 1993 RS America, 2004 Cayenne S, 2005 Cayenne S, 2009 Cayenne S