Where to get small part for A hood handle and other question

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Steve Raucher
356 Fan

Where to get small part for A hood handle and other question

#1 Post by Steve Raucher »

Hello all,
My 356a hood handle is missing one small threaded part connecting into the handle and under the hood a washer and nut secures it.
Where to get this part?
Also I took off my wiper arms and on one arm was a small round maybe 1/4" tall chrome trim piece that rested over the armature that the wiper arm went on to. The other side was missing so I thought I ordered another similar part from Stoddard. See the pictures as they sent me a thinner and seemingly wider round part.
Car is a late '58 Speedster. Can anyone confirm if this small chrome accent piece is meant to be there and or which is correct?
Thank you,
Steve
Attachments
IMG_3513.JPG
IMG_3512.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG

Robert Harrington
356 Fan

Re: Where to get small part for A hood handle and other ques

#2 Post by Robert Harrington »

On the stripped hole in the handle, you might try carefully cleaning out the threads with a tap. If the threads are still pretty good, get a stud of the correct length from one of our vendors and re-install it into the handle with some Loctite. There are other choices to make this repair, but I would try to stay with the original diameter stud if at all possible.
Robert Harrington

Steve Raucher
356 Fan

Re: Where to get small part for A hood handle and other ques

#3 Post by Steve Raucher »

Thanks Robert,
The threads are fine, I found a 4mm screw to install and will cut off the head.
Regarding the other question,both pieces among others are utilized so I found out that answer as well.
If any Speedster guys can still chime in please to confirm these cars were built with end cap part #
644.628.298.00 I'd appreciate it.
KTF,
Steve