Ad policy

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Mike Murray
356 Fan

Re: Ad policy

#16 Post by Mike Murray »

Yes I agree, just got hit for a $550 fee from ebay for selling an engine.
Contacted them and then they said they would give me credit.... then they contacted me and said they had changed and no credit.

Jim Clement
356 Fan
Tag: 1957 356 A Coupe

#17 Post by Jim Clement »

why not just simply say that every member gets 10 free posts / adds a year ?
after that it is xxx.00 per add..

Rhys and Karisa Haydon
Registry Trustee

#18 Post by Rhys and Karisa Haydon »

Hey all! I figure that I spend as much time on the classifieds as anyone and should probably weigh in.
My thoughts are that I don't mind if someone posts a bunch of classifieds. We rarely have someone post a full page at one time, and when they do usually they are on the second page within a day. I believe those of us who check the classifieds often keep a mental note of what the last one was we saw and then look back until we find that one.
Someone mentioned the Samba classifieds. I work hard, I believe, to keep our classifieds well moderated and not allow items I believe are not in line with our members. This is a challenging line to walk sometimes, but again I do my best. To be honest, we send a fair number of people to the Samba when their ad doesn't have a place.
I think limiting ads would not be beneficial to members, or sellers. The more people we bring to the classifieds and Registry website the better!
What else... I have started to be more stringent with the rules. I urge those of you who post on the classifieds to please read the rules and follow them. This is especially true for those of you with multiple posts, as I look to you to set the example for others.
I am always open to communicate with anyone about the classifieds if they have questions, comments, or issues. My email is rhyshaydon@porsche356registry.org
Thanks!!!
Rhys
1956 Coupe "Marilyn"
1964 Coupe "Homer"
Instagram: @therhys