A Small Idea with Huge Benefit

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Re: A Small Idea with Huge Benefit

#31 Post by Ron LaDow »

Edwin Ek wrote:Brian,Vandalism on Wikipedia can't last long or be pervasive, because I have never seen it.
If you truly believe that, I encourage you to start providing evidence, but I can't imagine how you could possibly ever prove that claim.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

C Richey
356 Fan

#32 Post by C Richey »

Last edited by C Richey on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#33 Post by Jim Liberty »

Agree to disagree. A good thing indeed. The longer I work on 356s, the less I know. ..............Jim.
Jim Liberty

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#34 Post by Edwin Ek »

Ron LaDow wrote:
Edwin Ek wrote:Brian,Vandalism on Wikipedia can't last long or be pervasive, because I have never seen it.
If you truly believe that, I encourage you to start providing evidence, but I can't imagine how you could possibly ever prove that claim.
You're right: it is difficult to prove a negative. I would like to see evidence of the positive: persistent junk in an article. Make it a few articles to be fairer.

I am curious. Do you really think this crowd, which skews older, has spare time to participate, has lots of mechanical knowledge and experience, and doesn't shy away from debate, would let errors stand?

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#35 Post by Brian R Adams »

Edwin Ek wrote:
I am curious. Do you really think this crowd, which skews older, has spare time to participate, has lots of mechanical knowledge and experience, and doesn't shy away from debate, would let errors stand?
You seem confident there will always be clear and obvious winners in the inevitable debates, and that a consensus will naturally always be reached. I find your optimism refreshing, but almost inexplicably ingenuous.
-
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#36 Post by Edwin Ek »

No naivete here, rather some experience and small wisdom. What you describe is of course not a novel problem. One common solution is to show differing opinions or ideas. They usually have attribution- the authors are mentioned.