56 california license plates with the 1961 reg. sticker

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Scott Tong
356 Fan

#1 Post by Scott Tong »

I recently got a pair of stamped 56 yellow with black letters ca. license plates and my question is, does anyone know how to remove the registration year stickers without damaging them???

It is currently showing a 1961 sticker with at least 3 more underneath it. Meaning, most likely the 60, 59, 58 stickers. If using these for the YOM program and placing them on your pre 63 car; Is it currently correct for a 1961 but peeling away the sticker and showing the one underneath 1960 make it correct for that year, etc., etc.?

If I can remove the adhesive and keep the stickers intact, I guess they can be glued back seperatly unto the plate with any of the sticker years.

Anybody ever try this or should I just let someone with a 61 use these on their car.

Cheers,
Scott

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#2 Post by Ron LaDow »

Scott,

"does anyone know how to remove
the registration year stickers without damaging them???"

Yes. Check with your local 'sticker thief'. Happens all the time, and the sticker ends up on a 'illegal' vehicle.
BTW, I can do it, too, but I'm not gonna put that info on the web...
Thanks,
Ron LaDow

Post generated using Mail2Forum via email.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Randy Nonnenberg
356 Fan

#3 Post by Randy Nonnenberg »

These stickers are designed to disintegrate when you try to remove them. You may get them off, but I wouldn't plan on salvaging them.

There is an interesting "reclaimed" sticker here on eBay. Looks pretty nice (and cheap!).

I purchased a brand new 1959 sticker for my YOM yellow plates, but it set me back $25.
Randy Nonnenberg
1959 356A Coupe
www.bringatrailer.com

#4 Post by Guest »

This topic has at best, very little to do with the 356. It has been beaten mercilessly to death on the talk list in the past. ALL of our email subscribers receive EVERY post about it yet again. The old talk list is searchable for this topic in the 356 registry web site's members only section. www.356registry.org and then click on the Member's only section on the left, put in the password from the magazine and search away. I am locking this thread and requesting that all communication on this topic be private - that is by email or private message, amongst those interested. Thanks.