Porsche Emblem Placement

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Neville Sonner
356 Fan

Porsche Emblem Placement

#1 Post by Neville Sonner »

After restoration, I need to drill holes for the placement of the "Porsche" and "SC" emblems below the rear deck lid on a 356C cabriolet. Does anyone have measurements or references for where to position the holes and/or emblems? I couldn't find anything searching previous topics. I appreciate any help I can get.

I seem to have found the answer to my own question. There are factory weld spots at the original emblem holes where the metal is thicker. I think I knew this from somewhere in the past, but had forgotten. I will make a record of the location and post it later. Thanks for all the help.
Last edited by Neville Sonner on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

Emblem Placement

#2 Post by Steve Proctor »

Neville,

Can't help you on the placement, but saw a picture of a yellow car in Excellence racing in the Panamerica race in Mexico recently. It said one the drivers was Sonner. You?

STP
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

Ben Wainscott
356 Fan

Porsche Emblem Placement

#4 Post by Ben Wainscott »

Neville,
Porsche script is 2.5 cm or 1 inch down from the engine compartment opening and centered on the car for a coupe. Should confirm same on a cab. The SC script is a bit more difficult. Have attached a picture. Can send picture with dimensions off line if desired or if in San Diego area you are welcome to stop by.

WRT attachment. There was a thread a couple of months ago about using plastic inserts. This may have been original, don't know. I used clips, which are difficult to install due to clearance. To install, I used piece of sheet metal 6 X 8 inches. Drilled two holes spaced for the Porsche script and taped them to the sheet metal face. Slid it up between the rear of the body and the engine compartment and with a pry bar held it tight against the body while I pushed the script post into the clip. Pulled the sheet metal out. Took about 2 minutes to install.

Ben
65 SC S/R coupe 130924
Ben Wainscott
65 SC S/R coupe
89 911 Carrera
63 Vespa 150
80 Vespa P200e