Trustee Election 2016

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Gordon Maltby
Registry Hall of Fame

Trustee Election 2016

#1 Post by Gordon Maltby »

Members,

Six candidates are running for three open positions on the board of trustees. Thanks to each of them for volunteering to serve our club. Their candidate statements will appear in the next issue, and are also now online under "NEWS" at this website's front page.

As usual, you may vote using a paper ballot included in your magazine. These should be mailed to arrive at our accounting firm by December 31st. As an option, you may vote electronically. On Nov. 15th (after most members have received a magazine and read the statements) an email will be sent with an invitation to vote. This email has a link to electionrunner.com where your member number and a security key will be automatically loaded (no passwords needed). A ballot will appear allowing you to vote for up to three candidates. They will appear in random order, different for each member. (That cuts down on people just clicking the first three names.) Clicking "submit" casts your votes. Done.

Results are tabulated automatically and will be sent to our accounting firm on Dec. 1st. Online voting closes on Dec. 1st. Even though it takes only 30 seconds to vote this way, we are allowing two weeks for people who may not check their email regularly or need more time to read statements.

Your name and member number are recorded for our records (to check against paper ballots for duplicates) but not who you voted for. Our accountant only has access to the totals at the end of the period.

No additional emails will be sent, and there will be no web access to the ballot. For those who don't vote online, a paper ballot can be sent until Dec. 31st. Please vote!
Attachments
vote invite.jpg
vote trustee election web page.jpg

C J Murray
356 Fan

Re: Trustee Election 2016

#2 Post by C J Murray »

Will we see candidate statements posted here?
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#3 Post by Greg Bryan »

Their candidate statements will appear in the next issue, and are also now online under "NEWS" at this website's front page.
Greg Bryan

C J Murray
356 Fan

#4 Post by C J Murray »

Thanks Greg. I was just thinking that the statements would go well here with the announcement here where more people will see it with almost no effort. I guess it doesn't matter very much.

It would be wonderful if we could gin up the excitement for this election so that more than the usual 300+ members will vote. It really is pathetic that so few of our 7000 members vote. Your vote does matter keeping in mind that the Trustee initiated 50% increase in term length was approved by a little over 100 members. Please vote.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Larry Haskett
356 Fan

#5 Post by Larry Haskett »

Gordon,

Thank you (and the Trustees) for making electronic voting an option.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#6 Post by C J Murray »

In quotes is a copy of the email that I just sent to the 4 non-incumbent candidates running for Trustee positions. I suggested that they answer my question here where more members would see the answer. Thank you to these 4 individuals and regardless of their answer to my question I hope that all 3 open positions are won by non-incumbents.
As you know we don't see much turnover within our group of 7 Registry Trustees. It has been common for Registry Trustees to serve well over 20 years consecutively. Unlike almost all car clubs the Registry has nothing in its bylaws to limit the total number of years a Trustee may serve or to limit the number of consecutive terms a Trustee can serve.

Could you please tell me/us your position on adding language to the Registry bylaws to rectify this oversight? Do you support a bylaws change that will encourage a more diverse Trustee board and discourage the Dynasties that our current bylaws encourage?

I am also posting this question on Talk where you could post your answer for all to see. Thank you very much.

link...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42704
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#7 Post by Mark Pribanic »

C J Murray wrote:Thanks Greg. I was just thinking that the statements would go well here with the announcement here where more people will see it with almost no effort. I guess it doesn't matter very much.

It would be wonderful if we could gin up the excitement for this election so that more than the usual 300+ members will vote. It really is pathetic that so few of our 7000 members vote. Your vote does matter keeping in mind that the Trustee initiated 50% increase in term length was approved by a little over 100 members. Please vote.
I think having electronic voting will make it more convenient and we could see a larger participation rate. I almost never use the USPS for something I can do online.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

C J Murray
356 Fan

#8 Post by C J Murray »

Mark, I agree. This should be a real test of electronic voting. We should all spread the word since I bet not everybody will be aware of the option in time to vote.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

C J Murray
356 Fan

#9 Post by C J Murray »

I have been contacted by some of our non-incumbent candidates regarding my question above and I am confident that they are MUCH more open minded on that issue. The incumbent candidates stand strongly against any bylaws language that would cause any interruption to their continuous incumbency in perpetuity if they so desire. I believe that if the new faces achieve a win they will consider this subject and many other subjects with a new perspective. Give the newbies a chance.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion