SMD headlights from Classico Wheels and myroadster

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Stephen Ross
356 Fan

SMD headlights from Classico Wheels and myroadster

#1 Post by Stephen Ross »

I purchased a pair of Jefferey Feldman's SMD headlights for my car. I was quite excited to install them based on all of the positive reviews. I own a 1962 Twin Grill Roadtser (D'Ieteren) and I am having an issue. Perhaps it's just my car or its peculier to the D'Ieteren built cars but the new head light is a bit too deep to fit into the car properly. I have measured a depth of about 5-3/8" from the lip of the opening to where the back of the bulb assembly has rubbed against the inside of the bucket (I put a dab of grease on the back of the unit and it rubbed at the back of the opening). I am wondering if anyone else with a 1962 Twin Grille has had success in installing these new headlights?

Thanks
1962 Twin Grille Roadster
2017 718 Cayman
Others too

John Brooks
356 Fan

Re: SMD headlights from Classico Wheels and myroadster

#2 Post by John Brooks »

I have 89805 With Jeffery's lights, I do not have any problems. The seal beams were the originals, and unmolested. I had to adjust the LED's down a ton. I set up the adjustment IAW the BC manual, shot a laser level across the center of the lamps and projected them on a building as below. They still have some high focus spots, they make freeway overhead signs light up in daylight, but it had no installation problems. I like them. "You can see the future"
Attachments
image.jpg
John Brooks

62 Roadster
66 912
84 Cab
getting pushed around in porsches since 1965

Bob Slayden
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bob Slayden »

I have Jeffrey's lights in my roadster 89696, snug but no interference. I love them, they're a bright as all get out.
Bob Slayden

Steve Kram
356 Fan

#4 Post by Steve Kram »

I have them in my roadster and no problems. They're great.