Replacement Keys for 356C

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
James Learmonth
356 Fan

Replacement Keys for 356C

#1 Post by James Learmonth »

I have been ringing the phone for Tony Eugeneo with no results. is there another source for
356 keys that you can recommend?

Jim

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

Re: Replacement Keys for 356C

#2 Post by David Jones »

Jim, try Ryan Hernandez. He has an excellent reputation.
(860) 576-9789
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Jim Alton
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jim Alton »

Have you checked with Sierra Madre Collection? Their website shows several key services.
keyServices.pdf
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 89 times

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#4 Post by Wes Bender »

+1 for Ryan Hernandez.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

James Learmonth
356 Fan

#5 Post by James Learmonth »

I take it all back. Tony answered the phone and I was able to place an order with him.
A little patience here would have been useful.

Jim

Jim Neil
356 Fan

#6 Post by Jim Neil »

If you just want some duplicate keys, Stoddards has blanks and any local key guy (at least old timer) can cut them. If you need someone to cut keys without a current key, different deal, then Tony is the old pro and glad he answered your phone, have met him but haven't used him.
1960 356 B Coupe
2009 911 Turbo Coupe
2016 Panamera
Gone but not forgotten: 2005 Carrera S, 2004 Targa, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 Targa, 1993 RS America, 2004 Cayenne S, 2005 Cayenne S, 2009 Cayenne S

Ken Rogers
356 Fan

#7 Post by Ken Rogers »

Go to:

www,mrlock.com

Key blank Ilco DM4 Porsche Just around $3.05 for one. I bought 10 key blanks at $2.30 each Shipping for 10 DM4 key blanks was $4.51 total of $27.51. Extras are to hand out to Porsche buddies. These key blanks fit 356 B, C, and newer. Their chart will show years.

Other keys made:
Taylor P69A and Borkey 765 I cannot find these key blanks.
ken rogers

Dick Weiss
356 Fan

#8 Post by Dick Weiss »

I just had a 'B/C' ignition switch repaired @ my local locksmith shop; The key wouldn't enter the tumbler completely (never had one like this) and I couldn't get it apart,
They did inspect the 3-blade contactor and no arcing was seen, so they re-assembled the
switch which worked w/its 2-aftermarket keys, but they made 3-extra keys (w/o asking?)
I forgot to supply an original Bosch blank to be cut since I stamp the K-code on it.
Cost was really resonable ($65).

Dick

Timothy Vick
356 Fan

#9 Post by Timothy Vick »

I ordered keys from Ryan Hernandez on June 7th and haven't heard anything since. I requested a status last month and received nothing. Is he out of business or is this normal? I called today and got an answering machine.

Thanks.

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#10 Post by Edwin Ek »

Timothy, Ryan was very, very responsive in my experience. Do you have the correct phone number?

Rik Beeson
356 Fan

#11 Post by Rik Beeson »

I was not happy with Ryan. You might try Dan Roman, he bought some 356 handles and locks from me -- drrocketdan@gmail.com

Best regards ~ Rik

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#12 Post by Mike Wilson »

Rik: could you explain why you weren't happy with Mr. Hernandez? Was it quality of work, cost, turn around time, communication? Others have indicated favorable experiences with him.

Timothy: have you heard back from him?
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Timothy Vick
356 Fan

#13 Post by Timothy Vick »

Mike Wilson wrote:Rik: could you explain why you weren't happy with Mr. Hernandez? Was it quality of work, cost, turn around time, communication? Others have indicated favorable experiences with him.

Timothy: have you heard back from him?

I just contacted Ryan Hernandez. I ordered in June and apparently he added me to the queue and misplaced my order. Currently he is very busy and I suspect overextended. This appears to be a trend with the small shop vendors on this website. The good vendors are in demand and don't have the time or resources to provide the communication and logistics required to run a healthy business. This is actually the third shop on this website that didn't meet their commitment or my expectations. Lessons learned is to get the commitment and follow-up frequently. I expect if I would have called when the keys were due I could have got back in the queue.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#14 Post by Mike Wilson »

It seems to be a common thread: one or two guys that perform unique services for us and because of their expertise, they get inundated with work and backed up. The same holds true for body and paint shops. Good ones you have to wait for an opening and then it may take awhile. My car has been in restoration for 21 months with at least a few more months to go. I was there today and there were 10 Porsches in various stages of restoration so I understand the amount of time needed to properly restore a car.
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

William Vumback
356 Fan

#15 Post by William Vumback »

Hello, my name is Bill Vumback and I am new to Porsche 356 Registry. I have recently purchased a 1965 Porsche 356C that I am very excited about working on and driving. I have read many posts about how difficult it can be to acquire a full set of keys for it (I only have one ignition key that does not work in the doors). I have also done a lot of research on the internet and have read that I can get the key codes off of the locks to have keys made for each lock (ignition, doors, front trunk, gear shift lock and glove box). I am in CT so I thought that Ryan Hernandez would be a good option for making the keys to the key codes. So the questions that I have are....am I taking the right approach or not? Can I find a key code on the locks and can a locksmith make keys to the key code or do I have to send the locks to the locksmith for keying. I have a lot to learn about the car. Thank you in advance to anyone that can give me advise that worked for them.

Bill