B T-5 vs B T-6 left front fender differences?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Thomas McWhorter
356 Fan

B T-5 vs B T-6 left front fender differences?

#1 Post by Thomas McWhorter »

Hi,
Does anyone out there know if there is a difference between a B T5 and a B T6 (or C) left front fender? I am trying to figure out whether or not I can use a T6 left front fender on a T5 car with the rounded hood/bonnet assuming that I change the nose panel to accommodate the rounded hood? Are there different part numbers? Thanks in advance.
Thomas

C J Murray
356 Fan

Re: B T-5 vs B T-6 left front fender differences?

#2 Post by C J Murray »

I think they are the same except the hood opening area. I am not a body man though.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

David Gensler
356 Fan

#3 Post by David Gensler »

It can be done. I recently modified a T5 fender for use on a T6 car. Its a shame we couldn't have just swapped fenders!

The difference is more than just at the nose. The T6 hood opening is wider than T5. Of course they start at the same width at the rear, but T5 tapers inwards more to the narrower front. If you could save the rain gutter portion of your T5, plus two inches along the edge, and overlap your T6 fender with the gutter sliced off, you would see where the splice would need to be made. The contours of both are the same, once you get away from the immediate area of the hood opening.

DG
David Gensler

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

I took a T5 nose I got from David and used it to fix a T6 C. The nose opening is different but the rest is fine. Luckily, I had a center from a T6.

It was a pretty decent C Coupe that a pine tree grew through the front bumper and the nose.
Attachments
cnose.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Thomas McWhorter
356 Fan

#5 Post by Thomas McWhorter »

Thanks for all of the help/suggestions. Much obliged.