Areojet Sports Car Club of Sacremento 1959?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Wes Bender
356 Fan

Re: Areojet Sports Car Club of Sacremento 1959?

#16 Post by Wes Bender »

To keep the 356 content up, here's a photo of our '64 356C taken in about late '65 or early '66.
Attachments
Porsche 356C Rally001.jpg
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

John Kiely
356 Fan

#17 Post by John Kiely »

Wes,
I'm hooked that is for sure. Ownership has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. And yes, I had no idea my first post would generate so much discussion. I have a Halda Speedpilot Mark iii and a triple set of Heuer stop watches made for Abercrombie that also help set the T&D theme.
Regards,
John

John Kiely
356 Fan

#18 Post by John Kiely »

Also, I just realized last night that the original wire harnesses for the fog lights are in the car and neatly coiled up. However, the Kardex does not show it ordered with extra lights.

John Kiely
356 Fan

#19 Post by John Kiely »

I was able to clean up the dash plaque.
Attachments
image.jpg

Jim Karaba
356 Fan

#20 Post by Jim Karaba »

All cars came prewired for the optional fogs even if not ordered that way. The wiring is a part of the main harness so it is cheaper for Porsche to include the wiring on all cars than to have an extra sub harness.

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#21 Post by Wes Bender »

The lights in the photo above were connected to the factory fog light wiring. They're angled outward to help light up signs on night rallies. I connected the fog light wiring through a stepping relay that I could toggle on and off using the flasher contacts in the turn signal stalk. You didn't want to blind an oncoming car when it passed by. When we sold the car in '66 I returned all the wiring back to stock so that I wouldn't show up as some "idiotic previous owner" who might be cussed at at some future posting on this very forum. I left the lights on the car but pointed them correctly. I don't remember what type of fog light switch I used though.

John I've still got a Halda Tripmaster, a Curta calculator, a Stevens circular slide rule and a couple of watches left over from those days. I even managed to hang onto my Heuer Carrera 45D watch. One of these days I've got to see what they're all worth. Might scare me. Thanks for starting this thread.

In the very center of the batch of trophies in that photo is a trophy with a 49er panning gold. We won that for being the highest placing Porsche in the 1963 SCCA Golden West National Rally VI. That was with our older '57 356A though. The TR3 "Super Plaque" leaning against the bumper was from a Triumph Travelers rally in the Bay Area. Never knew what to do with it until I saw a beautifully restored TR3 a couple of years ago at the Pinetop (AZ) car show. It now resides in his collection.

Cheers,
Wes
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

John Kiely
356 Fan

#22 Post by John Kiely »

Jim,
Thanks for the heads up.

John Kiely
356 Fan

#23 Post by John Kiely »

Wes,
Thanks for sharing. The value of anything with the name Heurer on it will scare you for sure.
John

Bob Watts
356 Fan

#24 Post by Bob Watts »

Final sample:
Attachments
Aerojet-Sports-Car-Club.png
Bob Watts

John Kiely
356 Fan

#25 Post by John Kiely »

Bob,
That logo looks awesome. Thank you for cleaning it up.
Regards,
John.

John Kiely
356 Fan

#26 Post by John Kiely »

Dear Bob,

Is there any way you could send me the file in either etf, vector, or eps for the Aero Jet logo you made? I am trying to have window stickers made. My email is jmkiely@jfkiely.com. I will gladly send you a sticker when completed.

Regards,

John