Head Lights

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
E Rutherford
356 Fan

Re: Head Lights

#16 Post by E Rutherford »

Rob,
I know people put relays in their headlight buckets, but the purpose of the relay is for the relay to do the heavy lifting. I don't know anything about Jeffery's lamps, but here is how we set them up. Compare this to what you have setup and maybe the outcome will be different.

A relay for each circuit (high and Low beam). The relays are located between the switch and the fuse block (on the supply side) When the headlight switch is pulled on it closes the relay and connects the high or low beam directly to the battery via a heavy wire. This method eliminates current trying to flow through the switch, out through the fuse block and then out to the lights. The relay provides a direct "highway" to the power source. The diagram is from 356 Electrics and I also have one for T6/C cars as well if you need one. This setup WILL improve your lights regardless of the type. How are yours setup? Let me know and maybe we can solve the issue faster than you can find Fellman. :wink:
Attachments
HLr-A_T2pg1.jpg

Gabe Renga
356 Fan

#17 Post by Gabe Renga »

Just bought the relay from klassse. Any instructions out there how to install. For 64 C Cab. Thanks.
Gabe
2018 Targa GTS
2006 997 S
2010 Cayenne GTS
1964 C Cab

------------------------

Gabe Renga
356 Fan

#18 Post by Gabe Renga »

Wow. Answered before I posted. Great minds...
Gabe
2018 Targa GTS
2006 997 S
2010 Cayenne GTS
1964 C Cab

------------------------