Registry Social Media Manager Announcement

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Greg Bryan
356 Fan

Re: Registry Social Media Manager Announcement

#46 Post by Greg Bryan »

If you haven't looked at the many great 356 pictures on Instagram lately, you should take a look.
You can view the pictures without joining - when you click the link, there will be a few pictures - click the 'More' button to get them all
https://www.instagram.com/porsche_356_registry/
Greg Bryan

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#47 Post by Greg Bryan »

Greg Bryan

David Lawrence
356 Fan

#48 Post by David Lawrence »

Greg Bryan wrote:Same with the Facebook Page
https://www.instagram.com/porsche_356_registry/
Hey Greg you gave the instagram link didn't you mean to give the FARCEbook (oops I mean FaceBook) page.
David Lawrence #1087
'64 C Cabriolet (Signal Red/Black Leather)

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#49 Post by Greg Bryan »

David - you are so right! Now corrected.
Rats - thought I was going to make it through the whole year without making a mistake ...
Greg Bryan

Rhys and Karisa Haydon
Registry Trustee

#50 Post by Rhys and Karisa Haydon »

chase robinett wrote:Hi everyone!

Thank you for the suggestions about the Instagram account - I think it is a wonderful idea and definetly an unexplored resource for the Registry. I'll get to work setting that up, and update everyone when it is up and running.

Just a little bit about me (for you, Mark, and anyone else that is interested!): I am a college kid attending Boston College, but I call the Seattle area home. Being an average 20-year-old, I have tremendous experience with the current popular forms of social media. With regards to cars, my dad instilled an interest in classic cars in me from a young age, but I developed an affinity for 356s while helping out an elderly Porsche mechanic a few years back. He ended up letting me purchase his '63 B coupe, and my dad and I have been working on restoring it ever since. The Registry has been a tremendous resource for me and is filled with great guys - much like everyone in the greater Porsche community - and I look forward to helping serve in any way that I can!

If you have any suggestions or videos you'd like posted to the YouTube account, my Registry email is posted above. Thanks again for the input everyone! I look forward to helping out in this new role.
1956 Coupe "Marilyn"
1964 Coupe "Homer"
Instagram: @therhys

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#51 Post by Jim Liberty »

You guys are truly the future of the club. I'm heartened by your posts. As one of the "Dinosaur, I know the old ways will not survive, and shouldn't. Thanks all of you for bringing the club to current and future times. You know, in fifty years, the "Kids" will be calling you buy the same name.
Jim Liberty

Rhys and Karisa Haydon
Registry Trustee

#52 Post by Rhys and Karisa Haydon »

Hey Jim!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I, for one, am not worried looking forward. More and more young guys and gals are getting interested in these cars, and as long as the older generation sees value in helping the younger generation obtain the cars we will continue to have a thriving club! Very excited going forward!

Jim Liberty wrote:You guys are truly the future of the club. I'm heartened by your posts. As one of the "Dinosaur, I know the old ways will not survive, and shouldn't. Thanks all of you for bringing the club to current and future times. You know, in fifty years, the "Kids" will be calling you buy the same name.
1956 Coupe "Marilyn"
1964 Coupe "Homer"
Instagram: @therhys

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

#53 Post by Steve Douglas »

I got and email from Porsche announcing the Sports Cars Together, June 8-10, at many world wide events. It seem that some of the local dealerships are planning on having something in the way of social gatherings. The factory issued a press release back a few weeks ago with the dates of the 16-17, which I have heard was wrong. Whatever, I see that there will be social media postings on the 3 bigger sites, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Is there anyway to link post made by Registry members (as many dont have accounts to these) to the Porsche event postings or what is the best way to have our members to be able to post. It would be nice to have a lot of contributions from the 356 community to draw attention to the fun we have and to increase the awareness of what a 356 offers.

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#54 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Steve Douglas wrote:I got and email from Porsche announcing the Sports Cars Together, June 8-10, at many world wide events. It seem that some of the local dealerships are planning on having something in the way of social gatherings. The factory issued a press release back a few weeks ago with the dates of the 16-17, which I have heard was wrong. Whatever, I see that there will be social media postings on the 3 bigger sites, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Is there anyway to link post made by Registry members (as many dont have accounts to these) to the Porsche event postings or what is the best way to have our members to be able to post. It would be nice to have a lot of contributions from the 356 community to draw attention to the fun we have and to increase the awareness of what a 356 offers.
The only way I can think of, short of members posting there own foto's on Instagram, under their own accounts, is to use the 356 Registry IG account to do so. I just checked and there are 12.7k people following the Registry IG account. Pretty impressive.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

#55 Post by Steve Douglas »

Hi all, I am trying to reach Chase Robinett, who I guess is still the Social Media contact, i used the link found in the magazine and on the contact page and it bounced back. A new address or person?
Thanks, Steve

Alex Parmenter
356 Fan

#56 Post by Alex Parmenter »

Similar question, who should I email photos to for the Registry Instagram?

Thanks
Alex
Always searching for parts for my Oct 54 Pre A coupe including these:
2 piece engine case to #336XX
Gear knob
Front bumper
Passenger sun visor
Bosch SH/ZS4/1 Ignition switch
Vigot jack (late 54)

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

#57 Post by Steve Douglas »

I will send Curt a note, see if we can find Chase or his replacement.

Curt Dansby
356 Fan

#58 Post by Curt Dansby »

Hi Folks
The bad link for Chase is all on me. I fixed it today and tested it, but Chase has to get the e-mail I sent him with his new password before he can access anything you send. Frank is your contact for Instagram and Chase for Facebook and any others.
Curt