Registry Social Media Manager Announcement

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Frank Hood
356 Registry Member

Registry Social Media Manager Announcement

#1 Post by Frank Hood »

The members of the YMAC (Young Members Advisor Committee) have been actively discussing ways to improve our presence on Social Media with the goal of boosting membership and awareness. The Registry already has an active Facebook account with over 2,000 followers as well as our own YouTube channel; however, we believe there are tremendous opportunities to further optimize these outlets by connecting with a larger audience and facilitating more dialogue between members.

It is with great pleasure to announce Chase Robinett has volunteered to serve as the newly created Porsche 356 Registry Social Media Manager. In his role, Chase will maintain our current social media accounts and recommend future enhancements. We would like to increase the content and frequency of postings in both accounts. If you have a tech, how-to, vintage race or even a casual Sunday drive video you wish to submit to be on our You Tube channel or a Facebook announcement please submit your request directly to Chase at SocialMediaMgr@porsche356registry.org . Chase’s contact info can also be found on the “About Us” page under “Contacts and Staff”.

I’d like to be the first to publicly congratulate Chase as our new Porsche 356 Registry Social Media Manager! I also would like to thank the Trustees in having faith in the YMAC and allowing us this opportunity serve the Registry.

Thanks Frank Hood YMAC Chair

Mark Yarrish
356 Fan

Re: Registry Social Media Manager Announcement

#2 Post by Mark Yarrish »

Any talk of an instagram account? I think we need one.

Best,
Mark
1965 C Coupe
Instagram: yarrie513

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#3 Post by Steve Proctor »

Now you're talkin!!!!
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#4 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Mark Yarrish wrote:Any talk of an instagram account? I think we need one.

Best,
Mark
X2! There's 1146 fotos already posted under the #356Registry hastag.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan

#5 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Frank just recently read about the YMAC in the latest Registry magazine! What a great idea. Lotsa names I didn't recognize, which is probably good, lol. Any chance that Chase can make a post here telling us a little bit about himself, his interest in Porsche 356's and social media?

Drive 'Em!
Mark
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617

Mark Yarrish
356 Fan

#6 Post by Mark Yarrish »

Mark, I think I just started to follow you today on Instagram. I think Instagram is a much better format v. FB, to share pictures of the club and what we are up to. FB, Is better for calendars, event planning, etc.

Should we throw in Twitter for good measure!?

It's a changing world!
Best,
Mark
1965 C Coupe

Mark Yarrish
356 Fan

#7 Post by Mark Yarrish »

oh, and I didn't know we had a you tube channel! off to check it out!
1965 C Coupe

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan

#8 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Hi Mark! I concur! I stopped posting many of my fotos on FaceSpace. Is your IG ID Yarrie513? If so, you sure did ;)
Attachments
IMG_8008.PNG
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617

Mark Yarrish
356 Fan

#9 Post by Mark Yarrish »

Mark Pribanic wrote:Hi Mark! I concur! I stopped posting many of my fotos on FaceSpace. Is your IG ID Yarrie513? If so, you sure did ;)

FaceSpace! very funny. yup that's me, yarrie513.

Cheers,
Mark
1965 C Coupe

Frank Hood
356 Registry Member

#10 Post by Frank Hood »

Mark P - Miss seeing you around the campus! I have already reached out Chase about Instagram, we’ll see what we can do. Great suggestion guys.

Thanks
Frank

chase robinett
356 Fan

#11 Post by chase robinett »

Hi everyone!

Thank you for the suggestions about the Instagram account - I think it is a wonderful idea and definetly an unexplored resource for the Registry. I'll get to work setting that up, and update everyone when it is up and running.

Just a little bit about me (for you, Mark, and anyone else that is interested!): I am a college kid attending Boston College, but I call the Seattle area home. Being an average 20-year-old, I have tremendous experience with the current popular forms of social media. With regards to cars, my dad instilled an interest in classic cars in me from a young age, but I developed an affinity for 356s while helping out an elderly Porsche mechanic a few years back. He ended up letting me purchase his '63 B coupe, and my dad and I have been working on restoring it ever since. The Registry has been a tremendous resource for me and is filled with great guys - much like everyone in the greater Porsche community - and I look forward to helping serve in any way that I can!

If you have any suggestions or videos you'd like posted to the YouTube account, my Registry email is posted above. Thanks again for the input everyone! I look forward to helping out in this new role.

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

#12 Post by Trevor Gates »

Good stuff, Frank & Chase. Here's a past thread Mark started about FB, thought you might enjoy the read.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34472

BTW, +1 for IG.
https://www.instagram.com/trevorcgates/

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan

#13 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Thanks for the link Trevor! It's great how things evolve, lol. I can still remember all the push back when the Registry was considering moving from 356 talk (an email based discussion group) to the current forum. BTW, I posted the current Facebook followers in the thread you linked above. IMHO both Facebook and Instagram are great ways to drive membership and traffic to the website. Especially if you want to gain younger member demographics.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan

#14 Post by Mark Pribanic »

chase robinett wrote:Hi everyone!

Thank you for the suggestions about the Instagram account - I think it is a wonderful idea and definetly an unexplored resource for the Registry. I'll get to work setting that up, and update everyone when it is up and running.

Just a little bit about me (for you, Mark, and anyone else that is interested!): I am a college kid attending Boston College, but I call the Seattle area home. Being an average 20-year-old, I have tremendous experience with the current popular forms of social media. With regards to cars, my dad instilled an interest in classic cars in me from a young age, but I developed an affinity for 356s while helping out an elderly Porsche mechanic a few years back. He ended up letting me purchase his '63 B coupe, and my dad and I have been working on restoring it ever since. The Registry has been a tremendous resource for me and is filled with great guys - much like everyone in the greater Porsche community - and I look forward to helping serve in any way that I can!

If you have any suggestions or videos you'd like posted to the YouTube account, my Registry email is posted above. Thanks again for the input everyone! I look forward to helping out in this new role.
Thank you for the intro Chase! You have any photos of you, your dad and your 356 you can post? It's good to hear you were able to get your 356 at such a young age. I was fortunate to purchase my 1958 Coupe 18years ago at age 26. Times have changed! Back then Speedsters were about $30,000 and Pre 1955 VW buses about $5000. Now both are in the 6 figures.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617

Joris Koning
356 Fan

#15 Post by Joris Koning »

Mark Yarrish wrote:Mark, I think I just started to follow you today on Instagram. I think Instagram is a much better format v. FB, to share pictures of the club and what we are up to. FB, Is better for calendars, event planning, etc.
I agree Mark, a registry Instagram page would be a very good addition.

For those well known nay sayers, look what the guys as the Collier Museum are doing with their instgram page https://instagram.com/therevsinstitute/
'56 Coupe
'57 Coupe
'59 Cab 
'60 Coupe