How to know which is a better purchase?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

Re: How to know which is a better purchase?

#16 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

{;>)}

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#17 Post by Ron LaDow »

Antonio Vilches wrote:My question was trying to find out if there is a best buy that you can see among these cars.
Regards. Antonio
First, you really need to get some help on PPIs; I might trust the seller 100%, but the seller might not have noticed this or that problem. So post for (and pay for pro work) PPIs on all three. That will probably make the decision easier.
Also, personal taste matters; I like the disc-braked cars, others prefer the earlier cars. Which lights your fire?
Finally, I don't buy and sell much so others can address the price, but since they are all in that range, it seems the market is saying that's what cabs in that condition are going for.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Dennis ODonnell
356 Fan

#18 Post by Dennis ODonnell »

Rust is a big deal & costs more to remedy/ repaint than a new motor. All three cars are in wet areas of the country. Hire someone really picky to find it when you have each car inspected and base your offer on that.

Robert Thiemrodt
356 Fan

#19 Post by Robert Thiemrodt »

One more thought to consider is documentation. I traveled across country to purchase my 356. Time only allowed for one day to inspect. I was shown a few documents at time of inspection. I was told I would receive extensive documentation and history of the car at time of delivery. It never came, and the seller will not return emails or calls. The car is wonderful, and has been checked out by a reputable body shop and mechanical guru to the 356 line. I have zero regrets to my purchase. However the provenance I was promised would have been nice. No one to blame but myself. Good luck on your purchase
The left lane is for passing, MOVE OVER!!!!