new registry member, seeking information before restoration

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
ryan base
356 Fan

Re: new registry member, seeking information before restorat

#16 Post by ryan base »

hi Dan, nice of you to share with us your project. but now you are having second thoughts. you know it's going to be hard to do, you know it is going to take a long time, and you know it is going to be expensive. will it all be worth it? do you want to tie up all that energy for so long? I am in a somewhat similar situation and have faced some of those same issues. my car is a c, a basket case roller but with almost all the pieces. I am now chewing into my 16th year fiddling with it. these days the cars are becoming investment vehicles, not just vehicles to ride around in but hedge against inflation or deflation. even without driving my car I have picked up a lot of the Porsche culture. your pre a car fits in a higher range of value as a completed car. if you find you can not keep it out of the weather and safe, if you can not find any time to work or play with it, if you feel the sticker shock at the price of collecting your groupo or component group, if you are stumbling over it and your spouse questions the logic of keeping it, maybe just clean and prep the car and let the next guy take a crack at it. its preferable to keep it and finish it but you have to look in your heart

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

Re: new registry member, seeking information before restorat

#17 Post by Jim Liberty »

The body, and numbers matching are the key on these cars. The shop I use is here is just across the driveway, that way I can visit most days to review details on these hand built bodies. They are about ready to prime my car. I have a '56 EUROPEAN next in line. If you want me to "Mother" your car through the body and paint, I might be able to help. That said, be prepared to spend the time and money to do so. We only produce concourse cars here, and that is costly.

……………………………………………………...Jim.
Jim Liberty