I think my cylinder heads just got ruined.

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Ed Lawrence
356 Fan
Tag: Keeping the 356 Faith!

Re: I think my cylinder heads just got ruined.

#31 Post by Ed Lawrence »

Fantastic news Steve! Glad to hear everything is good to go.
Ed Lawrence
1959 sunroof coupe
Instagram - @the.ed.lawrence
www.356sog.org

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#32 Post by Steve Harrison »

Thanks Ed,...like I said, I'd rather eat a little crow than be right and have the problems I initially suspected.

Hey Phil,
This engine will go into the coupe. I want to preserve the original and keep it on a stand while it's running well and strong, and is basically clean.
This will make my car "safer" to drive around without worries. Yea, I know,..rock chips, etc. But those are way easier to recover from than a hole in the block. And because I took over 4 years to assemble the parts for this new one, it's not costing me the traditional arm and leg.

This engine will certainly be zippier too. Now,...if it ever presents itself, I'd certainly like to find a ragged out body that has no runing gear to put this in and go a thrashin' about. I've assembled an ok collection of running gear, front spindles, one trans, and this engine. Iffin' that day ever comes, I'd sure like to do that. No more worries about paint/chrome/upholstery, etc. Problem is,...the market has left me in the dust. But I am a dreamer, haha...you never know.

As far as the stamping amount milled off the heads, I think it truly is standard practice with this shop. Don't know about other shops. But my guess is if you specifically ask them to CC the heads, the stamp would bear that instaead.

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#33 Post by Steve Harrison »

And Yea,...I could delete my first embarassing post,....but I figure,...well?....I said it,..so, don't run from your mistakes.
Learn from them.

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#34 Post by Vic Skirmants »

"And Yea,...I could delete my first embarassing post,....but I figure,...well?....I said it,..so, don't run from your mistakes.
Learn from them"
Steve; congratulations for "manning up". Some would dance around it.

Phil Planck
356 Fan

#35 Post by Phil Planck »

Steve
As I figured based on our talk at ECH. You will be amazed at the difference.
Phil Planck