Info wtd on a 356A ex Spokane, Washington-now in New Zealand

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Bob Magowan
356 Fan

Info wtd on a 356A ex Spokane, Washington-now in New Zealand

#1 Post by Bob Magowan »

Hi there
I own a 356A here in New Zealand ….Chassis 105514.
The car came into NZ in March 2004 after it was purchased by the previous owner (to myself) from Brian Westmoreland in Spokane, Washington.
I'm keen to find out some of the early history of the car - so hence this post.

All that I know is that the owner prior to Brian was a Tim Jones who apparently owned the car for a short period of time before selling it to Brian.
Unfortunately Tim had no documents, bill of sale, etc to help trace the car's history. He was able to advise that he bought the car in rural Spokane and that it had belonged to two brothers, their ownership dating back to the 1970s. Apparently it sat in their barn for years with a pile of farm stuff on top. They had blown the engine and replaced it with a VW unit. The original engine was gone when Tim purchased the car and when arrived it in NZ it had engine it had no 75136 in it which had been purchased locally in Spokane.
The original color was Meissen Blue and the engine was 82904.

I know its quite a while ago know but perhaps someone out there knows of the car and can provide me with whatever they know about it.
The attached photos may jog someones memory!!

Thanks…
Bob Magowan
Attachments
105514 Jones.jpg
105514 Rear.jpg
105514 Front.jpg

Phil Harris
356 Fan

Re: Info wtd on a 356A ex Spokane, Washington-now in New Zea

#2 Post by Phil Harris »

Hey Bob, your A sure looks a lot different now, I hope some of the members can help with the cars history.
Phil Harris
62 356B Karmann Hardtop
73 911S Targa
Kiwi Downunder

Bob Magowan
356 Fan

Re: Info wtd on a 356A ex Spokane, Washington-now in New Zea

#3 Post by Bob Magowan »

I'm still trying to trace the early history on this if anyone out there has any info !!!!