356 Registry Lawsuit is Concluded

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

Re: 356 Registry Lawsuit is Concluded

#166 Post by Emil Wojcik »

Mike Wilson wrote:I would like to see an objective, unbiased, point for point analysis of the court findings. It seems that Mr. Henreich prevailed on the first count and had the two other counts dismissed but are still appealable. The Court found that he was wrongfully expelled from the Registry but I didn't read anywhere that the Court ordered him reinstated. The Court has just found him guilty of contempt for failing to appear and that finding may be appealable?...
Mike, according to the quoted ruling, SH was found in contempt for four reasons, not just the one you mention:

"Based on the Motion of the Defendant, 356 Registry, Inc., the Plaintiff, R. Stephen Heinrichs, is in contempt of this Court for, number one, never appearing after having been ordered twice to be here; and, secondly, for publishing information that he received in discovery, in violation of this Court's Order; thirdly, for pursuing this action without color of viable cause of a action beyond discovering the records pursuant to R.C. 1702, and for delaying this process over and over and over without just cause."

The second, third and fourth reasons are far more important reasons for me and I'm sure many other members.

By summarizing or analyzing what the judge has said in his ruling will leave out important wording that, although they may have no legal relevance to the case, are extremely important. Such as:

"... The Court has yet to see anything demonstrated that the 356 Registry did in error other than bring on the ire of the Plaintiff because he was kicked out of the organization. This has been a monumental waste of the Court's time, the Defendant's time and money, because of the ego of the Plaintiff. ..."

It's not just the ruling that's important, the judge's opinions about the case in general are equally or even more important and an analysis will remove the judge's thoughts from the process. So although a point-for-point analysis could be useful to some, it will only cause more confusion without being presented side-by-side with the written ruling.

The members should read the judges ruling in its entirety so they can judge for themselves what to think of the plaintiff and defendants. This is why I suggest publishing the judges ruling, as a quote, in the magazine. Let the members decide what they think.
Last edited by Emil Wojcik on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#167 Post by Mike Wilson »

Well said, Emil. Thank you. I was trying not to be too wordy but more general in my post.
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#168 Post by Greg Bryan »

Just to set the record straight, Cliff is not suspended as evidenced by his posts.
Greg Bryan

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#169 Post by Vic Skirmants »

The only exercise Cliff gets is carrying a grudge. :P

C J Murray
356 Fan

#170 Post by C J Murray »

Who showed you how to do a Razz face?
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Jim Neil
356 Fan

#171 Post by Jim Neil »

I haven't read all the recent posts. I thought this was over. Isn't it just bedtime? Can we all just put this behind us, turn in, and start a new day? I've spent the past 41 years dealing with legal issues daily (business matters, not litigation, though I am no stranger to disputes and I am not one to mess with). I come here to get away from all that. More important life issues like whether I have the correct alignment of the bezel on my new ignition switch (not to mention getting the damn wiring right) - things that have true meaning in life. Please, let's get beyond this!
1960 356 B Coupe
2009 911 Turbo Coupe
2016 Panamera
Gone but not forgotten: 2005 Carrera S, 2004 Targa, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 Targa, 1993 RS America, 2004 Cayenne S, 2005 Cayenne S, 2009 Cayenne S

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#172 Post by Brian R Adams »

I was surprised to read in the magazine that Plaintiff has been found in contempt of court and fined $50k payable to The Registry. And that Plaintiff has appealed that order. Now that's optimism.

"You think it's over, Judah. It's not over."

"Ben Hur" 1959 (Good year for films and 356s)
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#173 Post by Emil Wojcik »

I'd like to thank the Registry for posting the judges ruling and comments on the club website and noting in the magazine that it can be found there.

We can only hope that any member who has been aware of this ongoing case will now read it in its entirety so they can see what the judges opinion is regarding the plaintiff.

You can read it by clicking the "News and Events" tab at the top of any forum page, then clicking "Latest News". Make sure you then click the "read more" button for the judges comments.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

C J Murray
356 Fan

#174 Post by C J Murray »

The Judge has a way with words. He leaves no doubts about where he stands. :D
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#175 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

C J Murray wrote:The Judge has a way with words. He leaves no doubts about where he stands. :D
It has been pointed out that what he said is just his opinion and has no "real" bearing on the rulings.

That said, I would MUCH rather be where we are vs the "other side".
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#176 Post by Jim Liberty »

Not over yet boys and girls. ..................................................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#177 Post by Mike Wilson »

Thank you, Jim for the info. I, too, know it's not over. An attempt at a teleconference mediation was apparently unsuccessful so the appeals have been filed; court date coming up.
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Neil
356 Fan

#178 Post by Jim Neil »

Are both sides willing to just drop this whole fiasco and get on with life??? That would seem to be the best approach (I am not commenting on the technicalities, but if the answer to my question is "yes" that would make a whole lot of sense). Is it necessary to keep this going? If the club is spending $$$ on attorneys to prove a point or for revenge, I think that's a waste. BTW, I have not followed this in detail and have not a clue what Steve's position is.

What this is all about:

1. Member has questions, reads bylaws and laws, requests information that reasonably speaking (whether ultimately speaking it is perfectly correct or not) he is entitled to.

2. Board has some legitimate privacy concerns, and probably doesn't like the member's approach and is PO'd about it (maybe thinking it is a personal attack).

3. Member digs in and pushes his point [frankly as I would in the same situation, but that's just me and my heritage [Scottish clan motto "Conquer or Die", which seems to run in my blood] and a few of my like minded curmudgeon friends].

4. Everyone races off to lawyers to prove their damn points. I've practiced law for 41 years. I do not litigate, I leave that to the darker side of my profession. I've been far more successful over the years avoiding litigation for my business clients than letting things get into litigation. Litigation is horribly expensive, time consuming, and more often than not enriches the lawyers and ends up in some sort of distasteful compromise in the end. Of course there are some things that just have to be litigated, but that usually involves big dollars, and if I finally get there, usually my client wins.

Would Steve just walk away from this all? I dunno, only met him once and corresponded a couple times circa Porsche Race Car Classic 4 years ago.

If so, cannot the Board just let it go wrap this up?

How about some directors explain to the membership, as things stand now, what does the club have to gain, and what does it have to lose, what is the cost to continue, and what is the best way to get on with life. Again, I haven't followed all the details, but I surmise the big issue now is Steve did a mailing to all members and the Board thinks that violated the court's order so Steve is in contempt to must face fines or damages. If that's all this is about at this point, what's the point?

I really would like a non-emotional summary of where this all stands. The Board's professional summary, where does this stand, what is the objective, what is the cost, what is the potential outcome, what are chances for success, what is the cost?

I'd be happy to mediate this for free. Let me know, maybe I can quickly help wrap this fiasco up.

Thank you for your ear.

KTF,
1960 356 B Coupe
2009 911 Turbo Coupe
2016 Panamera
Gone but not forgotten: 2005 Carrera S, 2004 Targa, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 Targa, 1993 RS America, 2004 Cayenne S, 2005 Cayenne S, 2009 Cayenne S

C J Murray
356 Fan

#179 Post by C J Murray »

Jim, read my second post on the previous page. Better yet, just read what the Judge wrote. I'm glad you are not negotiating for the club.
Cliff
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#180 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Jim; the plaintiff has forced all this crap on the Registry. We would certainly like it to end, but SH won't let it die, because his ego won't let him.