356 Registry Lawsuit is Concluded

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Brian R Adams
356 Fan

Re: 356 Registry Lawsuit is Concluded

#91 Post by Brian R Adams »

Adam Wright wrote:I have an idea, how about EVERYONE STOP TALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No victory laps, no re-hashing, no more legalize. Just stop talking about it. If the case isn't over, then time will tell us that. If it is over, let it be over.
Adam and Cliff et al,

The only reason I am following these open threads is to try to stay up to date on the status of the legal issues. In between the brickbats are a few facts (very few) about the lawsuits I didn't know before. Plus, many if not most members received The Letter from Plaintiff, in what could reasonably be assumed to be violation of the court order. Many members are angry about having to receive such propaganda, unsolicited, in these circumstances. We deserve a place to vent about it, for as long as we wish, subject to the usual rules of decorum. Wishing a thread would "die" simply because you are sick of reading it is not a legitimate reason to call for it to be locked. With all due respect: Avert your eyes.

We get an occasional official updates from the Registry on the lawsuits, and much appreciated they are. And I understand that those must be carefully crafted and metered. But the last official statement said that as of 16 April the documents ordered returned had not been turned over. It seems like contempt of court to many of us, and I for one would like to know if more legal action is being taken in response. In this circumstance, am I expected to simply accept "Nothing to see here, folks. Move along now."? Because it ain't over by my lights, not if I am receiving detritus in my mailbox from Plaintiff. I feel entitled to know what's going on. Where can I turn for the latest information? I'll gladly quit this thread and turn my attention there.

Brian
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Charlie White
356 Fan

#92 Post by Charlie White »

"We deserve a place to vent about it, for as long as we wish, subject to the usual rules of decorum."

Absolutely agree!! Well said!

CW
Charlie White

Rosemary Sampson

#93 Post by Rosemary Sampson »

Brian R Adams wrote: Where can I turn for the latest information? I'll gladly quit this thread and turn my attention there.

Brian
Ohio state court (Franklin County) here: http://www.franklincountyohio.gov/clerk/cio.cfm Every document from day one (10/1/2012) is available in pdf.

Now dismissed Ohio federal court case filed here (you'll have to set up an account that will incur minimal charges for which you won't be billed until you reach a minimum you probably won't reach):
https://www.pacer.gov/findcase.html The case was filed in the Southern District of Ohio, Eastern Division. You may have to "web surf" your way there on either web site but these starting spots work.

The state court case is the only one open.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#94 Post by C J Murray »

Just for the record, I do wear shoes, sometimes. :D Back to my banjo. :wink:
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#95 Post by Bob Forman »

The most significant threat this thread has produced, other than nausea (and that's really a condition not a threat), is the possibility of losing Greg as our moderator. If for no other reason than to retain him in his position, let's move on and wait until it's really over before we again start bloviating on the lawsuit(s) and then, I suggest, everyone gets one shot at expressing their opinion, then forever hold your peace. Greg is the best moderator this site has ever had; too much of a loss if he takes a drive into the sunset.
Bob Forman

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#96 Post by Jim Liberty »

100%++++ on Greg. The Trustees are behind him all the way, and he knows it. I For one believe as long as this thread stays civil, we should keep it open. It is the only way some of us close to the law suit can say much of anything.

You all know the plaintiff can use anything said here by the trustees against us, so much care must be exercised. This process moves at glacial speed, so patients is the order of the day.

As to the complection of the Registry changing after this affair, I don't believe it will. A hand full of people +/- will not effect the long term friendships we have developed over the years, at least for me.

This will come to an end, sometime in the future, and forgotten by most. .................. Jim.
Jim Liberty

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#97 Post by Mike Wilson »

I agree that there needs to be an opportunity and place to vent, exchange ideas, etc. regarding the law suit but, would it be more appropriate to create a separate topic forum for this or at least move it to the off-topic forum? Seems to me the main topic area should be about the 356. As Jim so aptly points out, the process really isn't over until the court renders its final judgment so no need to deviate from decorum and potentially create another reason for litigation.

Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#98 Post by Ron LaDow »

Mike Wilson wrote:would it be more appropriate to create a separate topic forum for this or at least move it to the off-topic forum?
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe
Mike, that would make it more difficult for those who don't want to read about this stuff to find and read about the stuff they don't want to read about.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#99 Post by Mike Wilson »

Ron: I think I need serious help. I totally understood that! Ha!

Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#100 Post by Jim Liberty »

Guys, thanks for the intelligent and thoughtful commentary. I'll share everything I can within the parameter of our council.

.........................................................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#101 Post by Mike Wilson »

Jim: thank you and the other officers and trustees for your dedication to the Registry. It is appreciated.

Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Wil Mittelbach
356 Fan

#102 Post by Wil Mittelbach »

Irrespective to the contrary for whatever reasons, Rosemary's/Bill's reviews (in a hostile environment) of the case's legalities and court findings are informative to keep us abreast of its status, upon which to factually opine.

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#103 Post by Ron LaDow »

Wil Mittelbach wrote:Irrespective to the contrary for whatever reasons, Rosemary's/Bill's reviews (in a hostile environment) of the case's legalities and court findings are informative to keep us abreast of its status, upon which to factually opine.
Wil, that is more than the Registry governance has yet to deliver to us here.
Perhaps it results from a desire to be accurate and honest; that's understandable. But I'm pretty sure there are also many of us who would like to see at least a statement to that effect rather than simply turn the floor over to R/B for specific information.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Jacques Lefriant
356 Fan

#104 Post by Jacques Lefriant »

without going into the merits of the case how much is this stupidity costing us??
j

Fred Gruendig
356 Fan

#105 Post by Fred Gruendig »

Greg,
I will volunteer to replace you as moderator.
My first action would be to lock this and any other thread concerning the lawsuit.
My second action would then be to QUIT :!:
God bless you Greg!
Fred