356 madness

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Dan Epperly
356 Fan

356 madness

#1 Post by Dan Epperly »

I live on a fairly busy street and my cars are parked in the driveway often, so I have always got the occasional guy stopping by and asking about my cars, but lately it is has gotten out of hand. None of my cars are nice or anything special, just a bunch of B coupes ranging from daily driver to project to wreck but I have guys pull up in cars with literally a box of hundreds offering to buy one of them. yesterday was the best. A younger guy knocks on my door asking about my 912 if I would consider selling, so i say know. He then spots the piece of yard art that is my B and asks about how much for that one? "Not for sale," says I. How about the daily driver, he asks. I said no. He asks "how much would you sell it for if you wanted to sell it?" I said some guy offered my $25k and I turned him down so he says how about $30K? He gets his brother on the fancy phone and the brother says, "offer him $35k." Before I could even say no to that, the guy offers me $40k like the two were bidding against each other even though they own the same business. Insane. Anyway, i tell him no and off he goes. I am starting to wonder if these guys are not spending their days on Google Earth looking at peoples driveways, kind of spooky really. Wait till they get drones!!

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: 356 madness

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

Dan,
You should see it when the hawkers stop by here, it's really funny, especially when they tell me to go get my dad,or whoever owns the stuff.
Attachments
yard2014-6.JPG
yard2014new.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#3 Post by C J Murray »

Have Big John pretend he is your dad. :wink:
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

Had a really funny thing like that happen at the open house last year. Some guy walked up to my mom and asked where her husband was, she said he's over taking a nap in the Suburu. He walks over there, wakes up my step-dad, who points him back to the open house, the guy then asks my mom where Adam is, she said, my son?, he's right over there.
Attachments
famopenhouse1.jpeg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.