Mr. Manseau's Speedster

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Frank Barrett
356 Fan

Mr. Manseau's Speedster

#1 Post by Frank Barrett »

Folks:

When I was a student at Central High School in York, Pennsylvania, in about 1958-59, my violin teacher, Earl Manseau, took me for a ride in his red Speedster. This was my first Porsche ride, and it dramatically changed my life. I know nothing else about the car, but can anyone here shed any further light on it?

Thanks,

Frank

Tom Coughlin
356 Fan
Tag: Go Gators

Re: Mr. Manseau's Speedster

#2 Post by Tom Coughlin »

Frank: Can you tell us what college he went to? Does anybody in York remember him, If he was say 28 in 1958, he would now be 84. Possible still alive, or maybe there is an obit.
The internet is a wonderful search tool. Good luck. Tom
 KTF, member #15

Mike Horton
356 Fan

#3 Post by Mike Horton »

Frank, for me, it was the Ruby Red '59 coupe, which my Lycoming service rep drove, out of OK City, Oklahoma, and he ran the old Goodyear Blue Streak race tires on the road. He had bought it new at the factory. I drooled over it, when he came to my Dad's old shop, to deal with engine warranty issues, we were the local Piper Service Center back then.

Then, my best high school buddy, took me for a ride in his Dad's near new Champagne Yellow '63 Normal coupe, and the rest, as "they" say...

I bought my 1st, the '57 A T1 N coupe, only rolled once by the PO, to get it in my price range, in June '64. The PO, was on his way to a place called "Viet Nam" to fly DC-3s for a company no one locally had heard of, called "Air America"... I painted that '57 Yellow.
Attachments
How it started for me, about '64, '68.jpg, '14.jpg
Mike

Tom Coughlin
356 Fan
Tag: Go Gators

#4 Post by Tom Coughlin »

Frank: I suggest you check the phone directory for York. There is an 86 year old Manseau and a 65 year old one. Your guy was born about 1930 so I'd guess he's the mid 80's guy ad his son may be the other.
 KTF, member #15