Stationary engine parts list

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Ron Bastrup
356 Fan

Stationary engine parts list

#1 Post by Ron Bastrup »

I have in my possession a parts book for an industrial motor which resembles a 356 engine. The book is a red, plastic covered, binder type parts manual with the numbers 616/33-1 on the cover and says it covers engine numbers P-011 011 on. The exploded views inside are of an engine similar to a 356 motor. Is this a rare and valuable document that should be in a museum, or a worthless document that everyone uses to put under the short leg of their wobbly coffee table?

Frank Barrett
356 Fan

Re: Stationary engine parts list

#2 Post by Frank Barrett »

Ron:

This is obviously an unusual and uncommon parts book, but it has value only for an industrial engine owner or a collector of Porsche parts books. In 50 years of involvement with Porsche ephemera, I've never seen one, but then I've led a protected life. If you don't need it yourself, I recommend that you advertise it for sale on the appropriate 356 Registry forum. Someone out there in the 356 world will surely need or want it.

Frank

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#3 Post by Adam Wright »

My advice would be to put it on ebay, let the market set it's value.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Al Zim
356 Fan

#4 Post by Al Zim »

If you will watch "Made By Hand" the 1961 movie about 356 production, which is available on the internet. The first thing you will see is 4 industrial engines on the their tuck moving into the building. The outstanding characteristics are the single carburetor coil on the flywheel side of the shroud and the oil filter above cylinders 3 and 4. al zim
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services
www.facebook.com/ZimsAuto/
www.instagram.com/zims_autotechnik/

Dave Erickson
356 Fan

#5 Post by Dave Erickson »

Adam Wright wrote:My advice would be to put it on ebay, let the market set it's value.
That takes a little bit of explanation, wouldn't you agree? I have been selling a lot of items on ebay, and I find that many of them sell for the opening bid price. i.e. it is unusual to get two bids. Sometimes things get bid up but its rare. I just bought something for $1 that was worth a lot more, the seller listed it with a $1 opening bid and nobody else bid. So it might be best to first do the homework, find out what the item is worth, then list it at that price. If you err on the high side, nothing is lost, you can gradually lower the price until it sells.